SEW shocks

Jonk179

The Spax are steel bodied,  with stainless steel external threads.   Bodies, shot blasted, iron phosphated, base coated and top powder coated.   We stock several stock colours including British Racing Yellow!  But if you wanted to get 1 kg of powder off eBay of your colour choice we can do that also. £75+ vat each

Tony_shakeshaft@spaxperformance.com

Yes alloy bodies are lighter but steel takes more punishment and is a safer choice like most of the rest of the car.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/07/2018 at 10:50, Geoff101 said:

Had Protechs on both of my cars and been very pleased with them.

Also had good results with ProTechs, but I don't think there's much between these and Gaz / Spax / Avo, etc.

Geoff - tried to PM you but no joy, maybe your inbox is full, would you mind taking a look please? Thanks!

On 12/07/2018 at 11:12, DamperMan said:

£75+ vat each

Is that inclusive of whatever mounts are required?

Or do they come with just one size that you need to sort out spacers/adapters to fit? :)

On 05/06/2018 at 22:47, DamperMan said:

Tony_shakeshaft@spaxperformance.com

BTYahoo says that's not a valid email address? :)

I emailed from my work email to the Gmail account you gave... The Email above is recieving emails and working... to many emails!...   Sometimes people use a Dash not an underscore?   Usually I get it a few days later after its been in the catchall.   

Email content... slightly edited for public reading

Good morning Julian

We supplied Westfield for may years and throughout the whole time I believe we supplied the same part numbers.  But throughout the time there was various changes in the designs.  The outcome is that I've seen dampers with the same part number which are quite different.     Also there was no account for live, independent axle valving requirement differences. !  

The dampers are £75 + VAT each. Front/ rear.... And i can tweak the specs to what you need,

There's almost no internal or external parts of the dampers common to the old dampers but they will have a similar appearance.    The Krypton range of dampers offer a great range of flexibility in use.   My car is Largely road use and rides nasties better than my 3 series BMW,   But I also do a few track days and nothing Westfieldy passes me unless it has seriously more power.  

Maybe not of interest can offer other powder coat colours. Koni red, British racing green, royal blue, black, silver, white... But my favourite is Spax Yellow... 

I'm not 100% of the exact details of the Pre-lit's.. To be sure we supply the right dampers I will need the Static length (the length of the dampers at normal ride height) and the extended length of the dampers with the wheels off the ground.  Measured centre to centre of the bushes.   It would be good to have a few pictures also.  Sometimes the loops are larger to allow clearance to brackets...Other times not! ...     The joys of kit cars / low volume cars

I'm on holiday next week and for right or wrong no longer pick up emails/ stress over emails when they arrive.   I have a week of ignorance and deal with the fall out on returning.   

• Like 2

On 17/08/2018 at 10:52, AdamR said:

Also had good results with ProTechs, but I don't think there's much between these and Gaz / Spax / Avo, etc.

Geoff - tried to PM you but no joy, maybe your inbox is full, would you mind taking a look please? Thanks!

Should work now Adam.

• Like 1