DA polisher

dombanks

I cant remember how to use the DA polisher and ive said to my dad we will do his focus to try and get a few scratches out

If i remember right the cutting compound would be on a medium speed and the polishing is faster. Work in small areas at a time say 1/4 bonnet 

Start with say 5 passes and increase as needed? 

Careful with faster speeds , heat build should be avoided , I would try it with slow speeds first .

Doesn't  it recommend using a spray can of water on the surface to keep the polish liquid ?

Now I’m no expert but I found these steps below removed most if not all the swirl marks on the X5

1. Wash and dry

2. TFR on lower doors and rear bumper

3. Clay all doors, I just used soapy water, no fairy liquid as not recommended on line for salt content apparently 

4. Used Maguires Cutting Compound, slow speed and plenty of time   Don’t let the compound dry when working. I wouldn’t do this on a hot day!

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/shampoo-polish-wax/meguiars-ultimate-compound-450ml

5. Clean off residue, lint free cloth

6. Auto glym polish, slow to medium speed. 

Took a good afternoon and early evening to complete as I continued with tyre black etc. V happy with results. 

I have repeated 18 months later, but there were hardly any swirl marks so completed a little quicker! But still an afternoon work.

Andy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im using the meguires microfiber and associated compound system. Once i got going it started to come back to me. Just a wax and the wheels to do tm

20180616_201848.jpg