Recommend an Impact Wrench

Kevin (Mr T)

1 hour ago, Ben (bunje) said:

do you have  alink to the one you have terry im owndeing what sort of NM power i require to take wheels off and on

Volts isn't everything, This one from DeWALT will do 950Nm/700ftlbs.

http://products.dewalt.co.uk/powertools/productdetails/catno/DCF899HN/

I have this one which is 200Nm/150ftlbs which removes most bolts/studs, remember to tighten wheel studs you only want to be nipping them with an impact wrench then torquing them with a torque wrench.  

http://products.dewalt.co.uk/powertools/productdetails/catno/DCF880N/

i already have an 18 volt battery dewalt drill which im sure is the same battery to the ones youve linked dean would make sense to get a matching one wouldnt it

19 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

i already have an 18 volt battery dewalt drill which im sure is the same battery to the ones youve linked dean would make sense to get a matching one wouldnt it

Sure would, the bare units are relatively cheap too on eBay, Amazon, etc. 

• Like 2

The Sealey does it great when the battery is ok

I will check torque figures

325 ft lbs capacity

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ben (bunje) said:

Ben from seeing your drill at the weekend you possibly would want a new battery as well, yours looked like a 1.5Ah you ideally  could do with a 4Ah battery.

Lol the drill you would have seen isn't the one I'm on about my decent stuff is all locked away. I'm sure it's a 3Ah one but I'll have to get it out of the box to find out

40 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

But I'm not sure if I can justify 160 quid for something I can actually do by hand 

Now that could be taken badly out of context

• Haha 4

I've still got a Makita in my basket on FFX, just can't bring myself to go through the checkout :oops:

1 hour ago, Ben (bunje) said:

But I'm not sure if I can justify 160 quid for something I can actually do by hand 

You can get a bare unit for less than £100 so there’s no need to do it by hand???

33 minutes ago, Kevin (Mr T) - Essex AO said:

I've still got a Makita in my basket on FFX, just can't bring myself to go through the checkout :oops:

That does seem like a very good buy though.

Had Makita but found batteries poor and not well supported by Makita. Scrapped the lot after getting annoyed with their support and bought milwaukee. Better tool for the money and brill support. Team is now swapping to same . Thing is the Makita or Sealey are no good with duff batteries. In the long run a decent make is better value. I spent more on replacement Makita batteries than the original tools. Not anywhere near as good as they used to be.

DeWalt went through a similar phase a dozen or so years back.

It seemed like every diy/makeover program on TV had yellow DeWalt tooling all over it, so they decided to capitalize, who can blame them,  and launched lots of more consumer targeted models. Trouble is, all the pro stuf for the next few years seemed to suffer.

They do seem to have turned things around though in recent years.

Ive got some of the earlier Makita pro-sumer stuff, and it’s decent enough, but looked at more recently, and their ro stuff, and it wasn’t what it was a few years ago, from the collective experience of the guys on a couple of job sites that I asked.

Milwaukee isn’t as well known a brand over here yet, but seems well respected in the US, and definitely seems to be making good inroads over here, now.