Wales, Brecon Beacons June 9th to 16th

Kingster

3 minutes ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Brilliant roads round there.

You need to get a battery eliminator for your camera. That way your camera is always on and does not need batteries.

Yep. Defo on the shopping list!

Chris we've been doing them roads for the last 10 years and more, and they still look fantastic

6 minutes ago, jeff the joiner said:

Chris we've been doing them roads for the last 10 years and more, and they still look fantastic

You lucky blighter!

I must admit - we have cracking roads up around Northumberland and especially the Border region - but there does seem to be so much around here!

Looking forward to the next few days for sure - you not out and about for a bit of guidance :)

Wish I could join you but it's a 200 mile round trip just for us just to do the Elan Valley. If you get the chance I do recommend you do the Llyn Brianne road, both ways if you have the time.

Jeff  

3 hours ago, jeff the joiner said:

Wish I could join you but it's a 200 mile round trip just for us just to do the Elan Valley. If you get the chance I do recommend you do the Llyn Brianne road, both ways if you have the time.

Jeff  

E5DA98A7-C8D5-4284-8470-709C4DE5E7BA.jpeg95953D4B-5C72-4D92-937D-40C82CC307A8.jpeg

box ticked!

• Like 2

You'll be our guide Friday now then Chris as your now the expert on the area!! :t-up:

3 hours ago, CosKev said:

You'll be our guide Friday now then Chris as your now the expert on the area!! :t-up:

Yeah - just call me Red Leader :d

More pics from today - first one as we approached Lake Brianne - the car parked up on the right was one of about three we saw around the entire stretch - the roads were full of sheep but little to  no traffic!

GP030923.jpg

Chasing my Brother - yet again, empty roads, blue skies - utter bliss!

GOPR0923.jpg

Changed the GoPro mounting position - noticed there were a load of trails in the sky - must have been some sort of air display on?

GP010925.jpg

This place is just brilliant.

• Like 3

Looks great!

Cosford air show was yesterday, pair of typhoons came over work today heading back to base:sun:

Wales is used a lot for military low flying,check out the 'mach loop' videos on YouTube 

There some brilliant road  around Llyn Brianne, did you go down the steep hill with the two hairpin bends? we've had some great fun there, going down and coming up. 

39 minutes ago, jeff the joiner said:

There some brilliant road  around Llyn Brianne, did you go down the steep hill with the two hairpin bends? we've had some great fun there, going down and coming up. 

Don’t think so. I say “think” because we’ve done so many bends I can’t temember them all! We went north and west side of Brianne. 

Hi Chris the hill with the hairpin bends is where the red arrow point to, enjoy your day

Jeff

map 002.JPG

30 minutes ago, jeff the joiner said:

Hi Chris the hill with the hairpin bends is where the red arrow point to, enjoy your day

Jeff

map 002.JPG

Yep we did that.

Today we need to go to the shops - so it's he Spar in Hay on Wye via Brecon (anticlockwise route)

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 08.27.22.png

Mixed bag today. 

The road over the firing range and down to Brecon was epic. Views were stunning and a lovely set of fast sweepers and twisties to play on. 

The road to Llanthony was a real chore and frankly not my idea of fun.

However as a reward we saw a Red Kite take some prey off the roadside a few metres ahead of us - got it in the GoPro too! Also the view on top of the hills was rather spectacular.

D77E7BC5-BFA2-42D7-A0B1-CB3A35721477.jpeg

BE9A3F51-A367-4F79-8C81-B8EA74BB7DAB.jpeg

Not convinced it was worth the pain to get there - partly as I reckon we got “satnavved” and led down some minuscule lanes with high hedges and poor gravelled tracks. My brother’s 1000cc Street bike certainly wasn’t meant for it!

• Like 1