Worn out carpet in the drivers foot well

Josh Lawson

Does anyone know if it is possible to just get a replacement section of carpet in the drivers side foot well?

What colour..  I have just had a new set made.   I have dark blue carpet you can have for postage cost

2 hours ago, thebutler said:

You can get them from Westfield if you don't mind the wait, the price, and the emblems.

https://parts.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/interiors?product_id=605

£37 doesn’t seem out of the way for a pair tailored carpets. 

If you went to your local carpet place they may be able to edge a mat for you, our will and it not too dear.

Or you could just get some rubber matting off Ebay and make your own as I did. Item number 391874809107

It’s a subtle difference but those are mats, not carpets. They’re thicker and a slightly different style to the carpets, especially the heal pad.

I had a set in my last car though, and really liked them. The heal pad especially, being so cushioned was very comfy with my dodgy heels/tendons!

I did have them over the top of carpets, but can’t see it being too much of an issue not having carpets.

I’m guessing from your Zetec, yours is a later cam Jim, with an MT75 tunnel? (You may have an MT75 gearbox or a Type 9 in the same wider tunnel.) As these don’t fit the older Type 9 tunnelled cars properly.

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

It’s a subtle difference but those are mats, not carpets. They’re thicker and a slightly different style to the carpets, especially the heal pad.

I had a set in my last car though, and really liked them. The heal pad especially, being so cushioned was very comfy with my dodgy heels/tendons!

I did have them over the top of carpets, but can’t see it being too much of an issue not having carpets.

I’m guessing from your Zetec, yours is a later cam Jim, with an MT75 tunnel? (You may have an MT75 gearbox or a Type 9 in the same wider tunnel.) As these don’t fit the older Type 9 tunnelled cars properly.

Mine is the type 9 gearbox with a bit cut out of the tunnel for your left foot to rest in. Not sure what type it is?

I think I have the same trouble as you with dodgy heels. Plantar fasciitis? Damn painful..

2 hours ago, Jim G said:

Mine is the type 9 gearbox with a bit cut out of the tunnel for your left foot to rest in. Not sure what type it is?

I think I have the same trouble as you with dodgy heels. Plantar fasciitis? Damn painful..

Yes, it is the same as yours! Although mine was triggered by a bad car accident rather than jogging or anything quite so healthy! 

How old is your chassis, as far as I can tell the MT75 chassis pretty much took over somewhere around the mid 2000’s so if it’s recent it’s definitely an MT75 chassis.

the other way is to measure the foot wells. On an MT75 car the passengers side is slightly narrower all the way along, whereas Type 9 chassis cars are the same width for driver and passenger.

(Type 9 gearboxes are very commonly fitted into MT75 chassis cars, so isn’t any indication in itself!) 

I had a set of ‘Nicoman’ mats made. Brilliant. You just send a template and it comes with a heel pad etc. Virtually indestructible. You can even jet wash them. 

On 02/06/2018 at 10:02, Trevturtle said:

What colour..  I have just had a new set made.   I have dark blue carpet you can have for postage cost

Trevor, your. a gent!! Thank you, unfortunate they are they wrong colour and would look a little odd against the black. Thank you for the consideration, J

10 hours ago, thebutler said:

You can get them from Westfield if you don't mind the wait, the price, and the emblems.

https://parts.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/interiors?product_id=605

Thank you, emblems are t my cup of tea, wait is rediculous. Thank you though

6 hours ago, Jim G said:

Hi Jim, I have Plantar Fasciitis too, does the heel emblem really help that much, guess worth considering in that Case!

On 03/06/2018 at 21:42, jjhlawson said:

Hi Jim, I have Plantar Fasciitis too, does the heel emblem really help that much, guess worth considering in that Case!

I have no idea, I don’t have those mats, but I wouldn’t have thought it would make a difference. In my case, I can’t even stand resting my bare heels on the floor when sat, I need to hang them over a cushion. 

On 03/06/2018 at 18:29, AndrewBClarke said:

I had a set of ‘Nicoman’ mats made. Brilliant. You just send a template and it comes with a heel pad etc. Virtually indestructible. You can even jet wash them. 

I sent Nicoman (Nathan) a message this morning and confirming what Andrew said, if you send him a template he can make them to your exact size.

• Like 1