Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

39 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Dintinctive, (a good thing!) can't help wondering where the unicorn sticker and glitter are though, I think it's the stars that do it!

Not finished yet... I've a few ideas in mind yet... But you don't know how close you were with glitter... Long story.. 

• Haha 2

Mmmmm, shiny!

6 minutes ago, tex said:

But you don't know how close you were with glitter

At least we will spot you when we all get lost in the Highlands - assuming the Zombie Apocalypse has passed by July that is. 

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Andrzej said:

@tex - can You share some more photo/info/details regarding side skirts and I assume flat floor of Your car ? the material used, Your experience ( for exaplne heat from engine bay etc? I was thinking of such aero-elements to my Westfield, have some ideas, but it is always good to know others experience. 

TIA!

Hi, the extended floors are 3mm wooden ply! Lightweight, cheap and easy to use and more importantly easy to repair or replace being in a high impact area. Quick sand down slap some paint on. It's going to get clipped on bumps somewhere. It's just fixed where the side panels are riveted on. I removed the rivets and replaced them with rivnut. 6mm I think. Easy off and on. The idea is I wanted all panels right round easy removable with a few bolts. The rear tub being the ball ache was cut (gingerly) top of the rear arch so it's now in 3 sections. This allows the rear section to come right off with about 8 bolts and a couple of plastic bolts holding wheel arches on. Quick unclip of the lights and off it pops. Had to make a few brackets to hold the top together and a few holding the bottom edge of the rear. So the chassis now supports the diffuser and the brackets. The idea was for easy access. And boy does it work. Soooooooo much easier. I also flared the side panels for ease of access mainly. No more cursing lack of space and skinned knuckles. Currently the left side is the original fibreglass one but I've plans to get on with some 1mm aluminium ones beaten by hand soon as I get chance. Once paint is done I'm repainting the cage next, then finishing the custom built heater. I've drawn plans for a 4 way matrix box which allows some creative heating solutions. How do you keep really warm with no screen etc? Simply run a 1in flexy hose feeding warm air into your one piece rain suit... Let it circulate slow moving warm air direct. A standard air vent in the dash won't keep the heat. Plus I've no room for one. I do have one right where my right hand goes look closely at the red band far right there's a simple opening. 

The car in the images is wrapped. I've removed it since as can be seen. Just debating whether to paint the light pods matching white or leave black? The 4 arches are now white which should make the car wider and more safety visible. I've been told a few times before it's hard to see being black. 

You mentioned heat.. Not a problem. 

Mega series cars have enclosed flat floors with a small cut out where part of the sump comes through the bottom bout an inch. 

We've just been sent home from Nissan for a week or so so I might get it well on the way! Self isolation... 👍 

2019-11-5_-_interior_.thumb.JPG.bccd83b58d905389adbc64e37007bdb8.JPG

2019-11-5_-_left.JPG

2019-11-5_-_rear.JPG

2019-11-5_-_right.JPG

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

At least we will spot you when we all get lost in the Highlands - assuming the Zombie Apocalypse has passed by July that is. 

Roads will be empty I reckon... Really looking forward to it now, if cars fixed🤔

1 minute ago, tex said:

Roads will be empty I reckon... Really looking forward to it now, if cars fixed🤔

Let’s hope the hotels are still in business. Might have to take a tent just in case 😁

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Mmmmm, shiny!

Hooe it will be soon, just got hold of some 2k clear coat... Makes a right mess painting at home... Everything is now covered in white dust! Had loads of fibreglass repairs to do from a huge crack in the engine cover where I fell on it to star cracks in rear wheel arches. Primes, sand, dust, primer, dust, paint, dust, add more dust, pour bag of dust on floor, eat dust, scrape dust out of eyes, blow cat clean of dust.... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

Let’s hope the hotels are still in business. Might have to take a tent just in case 😁

Fook that

@tex - Thank You ! I can see someof my thoughts  was similar (wooden ply (I know some MX5 racing cars users use ply for front spliiters)  , easy acces for rear, cutting sides of engine bay  for ease reach to for example oil filter etc)  , easy removable arches, and aero for one person oriented cockpit/screen. Want to close all floor also , leaving just oils sump, but was worried for all the heat going to warm anyway differential , and fuel tank close to it.  If You allow I will look close to some details on the pictures You attached , to have some inspiration and guides  ! 

Thanks again!

53 minutes ago, Andrzej said:

@tex - Thank You ! I can see someof my thoughts  was similar (wooden ply (I know some MX5 racing cars users use ply for front spliiters)  , easy acces for rear, cutting sides of engine bay  for ease reach to for example oil filter etc)  , easy removable arches, and aero for one person oriented cockpit/screen. Want to close all floor also , leaving just oils sump, but was worried for all the heat going to warm anyway differential , and fuel tank close to it.  If You allow I will look close to some details on the pictures You attached , to have some inspiration and guides  ! 

Thanks again!

Help yourself.. 👍 

I can't think of a better way to social distance.....

20200322_074240.thumb.jpg.7a74d3c88781d1402b2533432e856e29.jpg

• Like 3

Shopping for supplies, and finally found fresh vegetables, after no luck on Wednesday.

D69A0F47-C7A5-4EE6-9C3E-E366E792BB6D.jpeg

Oh and was low on beer and coffee beans, so a bit of an urgent trip.

Must admit, other than just getting some fresh air, picked the Westfield to use, as I thought the car park would be rammed, and finding space for 5m of Ford pickup can be tricky. Car park surprisingly quiet though.

I suppose I should expect it in Waitrose, but how terribly middle class, when facing Armageddon, it’s customers stock pile dishwasher tabs! (Amongst everything else).

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Shopping for supplies, and finally found fresh vegetables, after no luck on Wednesday.

D69A0F47-C7A5-4EE6-9C3E-E366E792BB6D.jpeg

Oh and was low on beer and coffee beans, so a bit of an urgent trip.

Must admit, other than just getting some fresh air, picked the Westfield to use, as I thought the car park would be rammed, and finding space for 5m of Ford pickup can be tricky. Car park surprisingly quiet though.

I suppose I should expect it in Waitrose, but how terribly middle class, when facing Armageddon, it’s customers stock pile dishwasher tabs! (Amongst everything else).

We are COMPLETELY out of Quinoa :(

• Haha 1

Greggs are giving free drinks to NHS staff on production of your staff card.. 👍 

• Like 1