Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

This morning at the Yonderman 👍

Minutes later it was in bits so I could reattach the clutch pedal clevis pin.... driving with the clutch pedal laid flat on the floor made life quite interesting 🤦‍♂️. Luckily I only needed a couple of clutchless changes before I figured out I could lift the pedal with my toes and still operate the clutch!

20220703_115320.thumb.jpg.428c6bf49ad666a64e0f3b2996ba9dc5.jpg

• Like 4

It's not often I get to drive the car just for the heck of it, but today I did just that - yay

Drove perhaps 30 miles and got lost, and went down some lane to find these at the side of the road.

IMG_1139.thumb.JPG.1993bdd99ac3eece706fef156392c8b1.JPG

Now I know what this is

IMG_1140.thumb.JPG.5453c9c06230040d31e7eb585c089eb2.JPG

But no clue what use this has on a farm, if someone knows please help me...

IMG_1141.thumb.JPG.475a57031b3a915de74edfd54c5f0130.JPG

IMG_1142.thumb.JPG.ac0aed9c13f31ce3716ca13e49a75ee5.JPG

Great day was had, but it did rain despite the forecast saying it wouldn't - UK eh...

• Like 5

Possible for planting seeds or picking crops 

• Like 1

At first I thought it was a cannon from WW1 with the cannon removed, but spotted the seats, all 3 of them. It's designed to go over soft ground given the width of the wheels I think, I did try and image match it but found nothing close after 30 mins of looking.

32 minutes ago, Andy Westwood said:

Possible for planting seeds or picking crops 

This was my initial thoughts. Being dragged up/raised on a farm I really should have more of an idea but despite my kids thinking I was born in the olden days I really can't add anything useful to your question. 

• Sad 1

I have retraced my route, so the next time I am out that way I will call in to the nearest property and see if they know.

Not strictly photos of my Westfield but they are at least slightly Westie related. The awesome sunset photo was taken just after pulling into the driveway after a drive yesterday. We get these cool mammatus clouds here many times each summer.

The photo of the two turkeys was taken from the driver’s seat while out on a blat today…I saw them in the road up ahead and at first it looked like two small dogs. But as I got closer I could tell what they were. I took the car out of gear and coasted up to them and they were very curious about what the heck I was. I took a few quick photos and slipped my camera back into my pocket and then the one bird walked right up and looked into the car. I worried that he might hop in so I blipped the throttle and then pulled away.

Big birds.

dave

IMG_0060.jpeg

IMG_0063.jpeg

IMG_0064.jpeg

• Like 5

Thats a stunning cloud formation, never seen that here.

13 hours ago, marcusb said:

5D633EC3-1EB6-4E7D-AD23-96F01A937A97.jpeg

Hope you enjoyed the weekend Marcus, I did watch the live stream and wished I was there.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Davemk1 said:

get these cool mammatus clouds here many times each summer.

So I'm not the only weather geek on here then! We do get mammatus here in the UK but  not as frequent or well formed.

• Like 1

Got a knock at the door this morning, next door's car would not start, the Westy was in the drive anyway as I was going out, so jump started this Kia Sportage with the Westy - yay.

Sorry no pics of the actual jump leads over the fence as (erm) I had to get creative in making them longer that quite honestly I would not show on here ( involved long steel rods that's all I will say 🤣)

IMG_1158.thumb.JPG.8c68c8a618d35cea1c34fe982fccba1b.JPGIMG_1159.thumb.JPG.fbfef987eded016771f9ad16887ec2cc.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1