Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

not very exciting, but it is current state and progress being made.

123ignition fitted, now waiting for the AFR lol

when the fuel needy stop going to the petrol stations in a panic i will top her up and test the new ignition, all i know so far is; it starts and revs and sounds smoother somehow.

20210923_155404.jpg

• Like 5

The weather has been manky (northern expression) today so I've been having a sort out on my pc and I found this.

It's not a new photo, it's not even my car but...... @Blatman

Blatman.jpg.5333ca84713154d49541eeda8cf1f5f7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 30/09/2021 at 16:14, Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO said:

The weather has been manky (northern expression) today so I've been having a sort out on my pc and I found this.

It's not a new photo, it's not even my car but...... @Blatman

Funny you should mention it, it's one of two "career highlight" moments I have saved for Blatters:

image.png

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Funny you should mention it, it's one of two "career highlight" moments I have saved for Blatters:

image.png

Being part of a club means no one remembers your high points, but no one lets you forget your low points… 😂

• Haha 1

A nice but chilly morning with dry and damp roads meant an interesting drive joined by Scott and his hyabusa’d westy, we had a great morning out and home before the rain

2ACB3D59-1C77-4849-8F7C-44C6105B928B.jpeg

• Like 6

Last trackday, tried new (external ) microphone location (this time instead of wind noise... some electrical noise :-/ better than wind, but still not perfect. Maybe due to long, not shielded  cable to the microphone? or microphone location itself ? (attached to some cable under the dash) 

Starting to try/learn Gopro Only software ( Racetechnology for Gopro , https://www.race-technology.com/us/gopro/download-software ) , seems a little complicated but.. at least something else than mainstream Racechrono ;)

• Like 5

Replaced the tatty front wings!

image.png

Needs a clean again though from the wet run to the MoT garage the other week!

• Like 5

Sorry for  bragging , but I am still on high ;) after Yesterday competition and proud of the Westfield  :) yesterday was 3rd on almost 100 cars in two different classifications,  and three firts in its cpacity / sport-prepared classes, not mention emotions and fun it gives :)

IMG_20211009_175910921.thumb.jpg.7567a25eb4bf49d3e021f24a34b548c7.jpg

244759830_4405936342788281_7182386533139836950_n.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just waiting for the DVLA to send my registration back. So just a couple of pics after wash, polish and wax on the drive.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Insuranceman said:

Just waiting for the DVLA to send my registration back. So just a couple of pics after wash, polish and wax on the drive.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hope they don’t take too long! What polish and wax are you using for gel coat? I want to give mine ago while I wait too

Beautiful morning for a meet up at Donington followed by a quick blat up the Peaks for lunch 😎

20211010_095012.thumb.jpg.82b15358d88a25810f5adc9d7c03e25a.jpg

20211010_094953.thumb.jpg.fb4ae711248c2a219f98e2420f2dd650.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Benrobson2999 said:

Hope they don’t take too long! What polish and wax are you using for gel coat? I want to give mine ago while I wait too

Washed with some Meguiares Shampoo Plus, rinsed, then dried, then used Meguiars Oxidation Remover to take out the scratches and blemishes, then topped it off with Meguiars Pure Wax.

A628118B-A3BF-4B25-AC9E-01D44A5353EE.jpeg

• Like 2

Out early this morning and Tommy all washed down then off to Alford. Roads were cold damp and sketchy so took it easy, even took Tommy to Kirk …
Got to Alford and washed the crud off again lol,then Scott and Sheila arrived having had the cheek to ask the policeman who was washing the police car down to do the westy too !!! And he did !!!!
Willy and William arrived and then John so parked up it was time for a blether and a bacon roll .
Unfortunately there wasn’t a great turnout so we would head out for a blast round the hills via Ballater and corgarf. On pulling out near Aboyne Willies westy cut out under acceleration  so doubled back and checked as much as possible at the roadside to no avail, hope the recovery got you home safely .
So a lovely blast over the hills saw me catch up at corgarf where we had a bite to eat before blatting up over the lecht and back to Dufftown 
A great day out with great company and hope Willy is sorted soon.

B2B44423-7A9C-4752-AA71-D5C0AD3D131B.jpeg

F3FB1CE8-37C1-4F0A-9A87-E278D9A3746C.jpeg

95D7D3A1-5705-4209-833E-B274584FF180.jpeg

• Like 7

Had a ride out to the Kings Arms at Heath Common in Wakefield this afternoon in between gardening. It's an informal meeting of various classics and American cars on the green in front of the pub. A shandy and a packet of crisps in the autumn sunshine, then home to cut the lawn. 

20211010_133656.jpg

• Like 8