Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

12 hours ago, Hafod said:

First run out after IVA and reg docs to Morfa Nefyn, 85miles covered. Great fun but cold. Need a better woolly  hat

8B22FAF9-80BA-4E08-96F8-45F0F17F4B81.jpeg

Always good to see them out and about!

23 hours ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Managed to get out for a couple of hours this morning with John and “Lizzy”

BB1C5437-9FA2-419C-9337-FFA86072091D.jpeg

What is "Lizzy"? it looks amazing.

3 hours ago, McFrancis said:

What is "Lizzy"? it looks amazing.

It’s a one off built by John Nash many years back. Steel chassis and bespoke handmade wood and aluminium bodywork. Engine box and front end are Renault 5 the 6 pot exhaust is for aesthetics.

he also made a 4 wheel one

5C7225A5-67FA-4266-AB4E-D558A02C8F64.jpeg

• Like 3

MOT time this morning. That's another pass. Question is now, "do I SORN, or not".

20201127_135701.jpg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

MOT time this morning. That's another pass. Question is now, "do I SORN, or not".

20201127_135701.jpg

Congratulations on the pass.

Quite simple really “NOT” there’s plenty of fresh, gorgeous days over the winter months yes chilly and give the roads respect, but it’s great to get out on a nice fresh morning December or January 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary Taylor - Scotland AO said:

Congratulations on the pass.

Quite simple really “NOT” there’s plenty of fresh, gorgeous days over the winter months yes chilly and give the roads respect, but it’s great to get out on a nice fresh morning December or January 👍

I don't normally SORN over winter as we do get nice cold, but bright days and we do the post Christmas fish and chips run, but Yorkshire is going in tier 3, so can we meet up for a run?

1 minute ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

I don't normally SORN over winter as we do get nice cold, but bright days and we do the post Christmas fish and chips run, but Yorkshire is going in tier 3, so can we meet up for a run?

Sorry can’t comment on the tier thing as we’re  in a different tier system north of the border we’re in tier 1  here but might be 2 next week .

the problem north and south of the border is it keeps changing weekly!!!!

2105003028_Novembershopping.thumb.jpeg.5286b75d4d590f46eb2d5e0f5c3e3cba.jpeg

Took advantage of the cold dry weather to take the Westfield out shopping for emergency supplies (how did we run out of tea!). Very quiet on the damp slippery roads, and I had forgotten quite how easily the wind rips through a wooly hat.

• Like 5

After finally finding a cam sensor related issue that had turned the engine into a non runner since summer 2019, the car finally moved, (well 3/4 of it did), all be it four or five metres(!) under it's own engine power, considering it's running NA, with just a base map on the new DTA ecu, although rich, it's running nicely now the cam sensor reading issue is resolved.

It was still covered in masking tape and a thick layer of dust from cutting, drilling sanding etc, so I reversed it, perched in the one snot bolted-down-seat, with no dash, just the laptop for instruments, out into the sunlight, and very carefully washed off all the dust, after peeling off what tape I could get at, and using adhesive/tar remover on the residue it left.

20201122_161018_Original.jpg

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

After finally finding a cam sensor related issue that had turned the engine into a non runner since summer 2019, the car finally moved, (well 3/4 of it did), all be it four or five metres(!) under it's own engine power, considering it's running NA, with just a base map on the new DTA ecu, although rich, it's running nicely now the cam sensor reading issue is resolved.

It was still covered in masking tape and a thick layer of dust from cutting, drilling sanding etc, so I reversed it, perched in the one snot bolted-down-seat, with no dash, just the laptop for instruments, out into the sunlight, and very carefully washed off all the dust, after peeling off what tape I could get at, and using adhesive/tar remover on the residue it left.

20201122_161018_Original.jpg

Great to hear it’s running @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Davemk1 said:

I live fairly far north (Montana, USA) and at a bit of altitude (5000') so when you get a sunny and calm day in December and the roads are clear of snow you take it. It was chilly (30°F/ -1°C) so it means that the engine makes great power with all that cold and dense air while the tires have little grip. It's not the best combo now that I think of it but it sure was fun.

dave

IMG_1297.jpeg

Dave ...... nice to see your change in indicators !!!!  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Davemk1 said:

I live fairly far north (Montana, USA) and at a bit of altitude (5000') so when you get a sunny and calm day in December and the roads are clear of snow you take it. It was chilly (30°F/ -1°C) so it means that the engine makes great power with all that cold and dense air while the tires have little grip. It's not the best combo now that I think of it but it sure was fun.

dave

IMG_1297.jpeg

And empty roads too! Some good fishing up there too! 

• Like 2