Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

First time out in the new car yesterday at blyton

IMG_20200630_181210.jpg

• Like 8

On 29/06/2020 at 18:46, Andrzej said:

Westfield wants to fly  - it is AEROrace after all ;)

Is there any damage? That white marker must have been pretty solid. :(

After the "incident" I did one slow lap to depo, then checked visualy and trying if there are any bends in wishbones or play on wheels etc. Did not find any and was driving to the end of the trackday 30 or 40 laps more  (with best lap of the day :)  edit- here it is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYIt2wP3lQY  )

Oil sump is ok, no leaks, lower wishbones - not sure if it was before - a little, very little like-a-banana shape but it is maybe 1mm - 1,5mm on the whole lenght of the wishbone arm. Have to check the geometry as it seems visualy that lefT wheel gains more negative camber while right - a little less, and I got impression that car was driving a little right when hands of the steering wheel, but did not measuret, just visualy. 

Radiators ok. ARB with mountings ok. All wishbone brackets ok . Rack ok. Some scratches and cracks on the nosecone , bu it was not ideal before. Have to figure out some method of quick and easy mounting from the bottom of nosecone... 

Have to check the rims while tyre changing I was going to do anyway. 

So, so far I am supprised (positively) of the rigidity of rally design wishbones and all other components and chasis of Westfield 👍

(the marker was plastic , I have heard that sometimeas such markers are filled with water, but not on this track. )

• Like 4

@fil46  Loving the minilites on the FW - I think that's the first time I've seen that. What brand, size, offset are they?

Just changed from 15's to 13's what a transformation in looks and handling, compomotive fronts are 13x6 et 23 with 185 60 13 toyos and the rear are 7x13 et 0, 205 60 13 had to trim 5 mm of rear arch as it was buffing 2 up 

• Like 6

Snapped on Sunday driving into a very well organised, socially distanced classic car meet at Statfold Railway Museum.

Unusually they charged for each show car and massively capped the visitor numbers but they'd invested a lot of time and money in effective Covid precautions. Pre-paid tickets only, capped display car numbers, personal temperature checks on arrival, one way systems, sensible (enforced) gaps between cars and social distancing marshall's patrolling constantly... All with sign off from the local authorities. At least it shows car meets can be done safely! 👏👏👏

FB_IMG_1594151593409.jpg

• Like 7

We were meant to be at Le Mans Classic last weekend, so made do with camping in the Dales instead !

IMG_4744.JPG

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Rory's Dad said:

Where are those lovely stripes Marcus?? 

Gone back to basics Martin 😎

4DBE79DE-A7B5-4530-982F-E74CDC2F2526.jpeg

• Like 3

One of my favourite runs, Buttertubs pass to Tan Hill Inn 👍👍👍👍👍👍