Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

IMG_20200516_083837.thumb.jpg.bdf34c06e0ef86d9f76613a3f2f00f9e.jpgQuick blat today nice an early, just me and the lycra lads about 👍 . Really enjoyed it missed the car and good to clear the head. 

IMG_20200516_083826.thumb.jpg.4928d7a5766bacc90c6cf4f764d4d67a.jpg

• Like 9

First run out this year, nice shakedown for the winter mods, two very happy boys 😎

7E631A87-BECF-401C-8490-BDE7B29C6828.thumb.jpeg.b5f81247da40a6daf99b42168d13774f.jpeg

• Like 8

No pics but just swapped over from laid up Insurance to normal cover - painless through A Plan this morning btw, and then took it off sorn....still smiling after two separate blats and 50 odd miles...

Reason for post - was amazed at how much pressure the tyres had lost - glad I checked them before putting the hammer down!

Mart.

• Like 3

Hi all.

I am a returning member after having been away for a long time (no, not banged up inside).

Finally got around to moving my car to my own garage after it has been mothballed for years.

It is a 1989 SEi Narrow body with Ford 1600 X-Flow on twin 40's that I bought from Terry Nightingale back in 1997.

It isn't running as it won't start after being laid up for so long. Not had a chance to find out why yet, but I suspect it will be down to stale old fuel and will need draining, cleaning etc.

No doubt I will be seeking advice and help as I find more and more issues with a 30 year old car. 

Anybody had any experience bringing one back to life after so long laid up?

Thanks 

Westfield1.jpg

Westfield2.jpg

Westfield3.jpg

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Lincolnshire Westie said:

No doubt I will be seeking advice and help as I find more and more issues with a 30 year old car. 

Anybody had any experience bringing one back to life after so long laid up?

Put a post up in TechTalk section and you should get some info 👍

• Like 1

@Lincolnshire Westie that looks awesome mate....same age as mine and the best engine for a narrow too IMHO...

looks in good nick so shouldn't be too much of a problem. Carbs maybe a bit gummed up, but possibly get some new fuel in, check the dizzy....rotor arm and points clean up, take the fuel one off at the carbs and pump some fresh fuel through into a container, reconnect and hopefully fire her into life. A set of new plugs makes all the difference too.

check fuel lines for perishing too by the way.

Mart.

• Like 1

Cars looking good, Chris!

28 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Cars looking good, Chris!

Have to say I’m loving the 13” wheels and non-SDV rear setup. Car is great on rack or road without any need to worry about disconnecting ARBs and softening suspension to suit. 

New lambda readout helped isolate off throttle issues and cars running great. 

loving it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RussH said:

39B74C98-A10B-42C5-9636-59BEC48A1316.jpeg.da6023c3e1a251e5d9b954a870f5ac28.jpeg

Hot Rods! You must go out like that. 😁👍

• Like 1

Finally got my Peak district fix today. Driving down Winnats Pass. Also we stopped off at Tagg Lane dairy which was open for take away.

20200520_122720.jpg

20200520_131146.jpg

• Like 6