Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

2 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Nope, it looked like an x-ray first, with the location of the intercooler drawn on, then experimenting drawing out different vent positions.

4B3CF947-63A9-4D04-BD95-5C0384924D8A.jpeg

Dave, is the air going in or coming out the hole? are you going to fit a scoop?

It goes in.

Its actually an approximate copy of the factory S2000S cars, which seems to work. How well, that’s another matter, I have pre and post IC temperature senders, so I guess i’ll find out, the whole idea of using a spare nose, was so that it could be chopped about as necessary to see what works best.

I did get a Mini Cooper bonnet scoop to try, but it was just too wide, I did try modifying it, but by the time I’d cut enough out to make it the right width, it just looked wrong. Going to start out with this, and then if it needs to be radically bigger, AND I can get a good paint match to the bodywork,  I’ll look at doing something more like the Caterham 620R intake, with a ramp down leading onto the cooler, and possibly an upwards lip on the rear edge of the slot, just to “grab” more air.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Oh dear, the moths seem to have been at my spare nose cone!

218DAF05-7422-49DF-B697-67E302A4A074.jpeg

Dave, your car is literally going to fly with that on there mate............  can't wait to hear what its like when going and also the figures :)  

• Like 1

Neither can I, let's hope for a dry, mild winter, so I don't have to have the traction control dialed up to the max for normal tootling around!

I am using, let's say an unusual, diff ratio (3.38), so it will technically blunt the in-gear times somewhat, BUT, the trade off is at twisty A/B road speeds, fewer gear changes should also be required, which I know from experience with the Type 9 boxes, tends to trump the losses due to the lost mechanical gearing advantage. Providing you have good torque, which I will!!

IMG_20190827_093455.thumb.jpg.2e0363b01a83b576bacf8e7b1e5e8612.jpg

On the IVA test ramp yesterday! Hopefully be able to get a few shots of it on the road soon! 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AndrewOBW said:

IMG_20190827_093455.thumb.jpg.2e0363b01a83b576bacf8e7b1e5e8612.jpg

On the IVA test ramp yesterday! Hopefully be able to get a few shots of it on the road soon! 

Lovely car and nice to see some snazzy different wheels - fingers crossed for a pass and first drive!

• Like 1

Just now, Steve (sdh2903) said:

:laugh: with about 350 bhp on tap i doubt anything will feel 'blunted' in that machine @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

That's the idea!

On 25/08/2019 at 19:35, wizzer said:

20190825_134103.thumb.jpg.74a98a8f730a699097fdee6853c8f43a.jpg

Tan hill inn pennine way, stoped to take a picture bet it's a wild place in winter, got the tool kit /survival kit out to help a biker his radiator was hanging off, then off to Barnard castle, back home via kirkby Lonsdale fantastic roads, around 180 miles round trip and sun burnt arms😎

Tony 

Fantastic looking car, nice clean lines and lovely traditional colour! 

• Thanks 1

1871583720_ChewMagnaImage.thumb.jpeg.0c4ae875599fd3351f108ba1b93a6018.jpeg

Finally managed to get out and enjoy the Summer - Chew Magna, en route to Cheddar Gorge for some aural pleasure and an ice cream!

• Like 6