Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

Some serious detonation damage there...  :(   Trouble is it happens in a flash doesn’t it.

34 minutes ago, corsechris said:

Some serious detonation damage there...  :(   Trouble is it happens in a flash doesn’t it.

Absolutely agree, always ask your mapper to be a little conservative and do we need very last horse power?

@Dommo yes I know that I do compared to you :d

Bunge it is a pain in the behind when this happens, been there.....

IMG_20180827_193334.thumb.jpg.93ab73d5127a16976352a9d864e73289.jpg

No logging I'm afraid

Was mapped by NMS so would have hoped mapping was ok

Stripping down / measuring the engine over the next few weeks

A snap from this week....

621446776_180901emptygarage.thumb.jpg.3a0ea8b1ec01856d5d5f70749fe18ff1.jpg

:laugh:

...picking up my (first) Westy on Saturday, garage prepared with bigger work bench, fluorescent lighting, laminate floor and worked out how to get everything either under the bench or off the ground level.

Can't wait to start work on it!

• Like 8

10 hours ago, darve said:

No logging I'm afraid

Was mapped by NMS so would have hoped mapping was ok

Stripping down / measuring the engine over the next few weeks

Bad news :(, I work in engine development and would always recommend having the mapping/setup on 95RON and then run on 98 or higher to give some head room and robustness adverse conditions (high ambient temps, altitude etc).

Also on a highly tuned engine any changes to gas path or fuelling system can be enough to push the engine over the edge. Good luck with the rebuild :yes:

12 hours ago, tr3m5 said:

...picking up my (first) Westy on Saturday, garage prepared with bigger work bench, fluorescent lighting, laminate floor and worked out how to get everything either under the bench or off the ground level.

That is an obscenely tidy and clean garage! Do you not realise that the floor should be sticky with congealed oil, the walls daubed with notes of oil change mileages, the roof festooned with cobwebs of unknown vintage, and the corners running with giant spiders? If my Good Lady were to see that picture I'd would be nagged into putting up shelves, sweeping leaves out, and painting the walls of my garage! Shame on you sir! You have queered the pitch for us all! :cry:

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, BigSkyBrad said:

...and the full length mirror is a bit dodgy!

Maybe the floor serves for Ballet practice :d

Yeah stopping ballet was the main driver for getting a Westy...apparently will help with testosterone or something ;)

To be honest I might keep the car in the garden....be a shame to 'clutter' my lovely garage with an oily oil motor! :D

18 hours ago, tr3m5 said:

Not so much a garage and more of a laboratory.

Impressed.

I particularly like the nod to domesticity by allowing the washing machine to reside in the mancave! That's what I call sharing the space! 

32 minutes ago, GaryD1971 said:

I particularly like the nod to domesticity by allowing the washing machine to reside in the mancave! That's what I call sharing the space! 

If you replace the washing machine with a beer fridge it would be perfect...

• Haha 2

Giving the ali a polish today, going to be afraid to go near it once the painted GRP is back on!

IMG_2630.thumb.JPG.a916be5bc59922f9a4603909f2161056.JPG

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, garytipping said:

Giving the ali a polish today, going to be afraid to go near it once the painted GRP is back on!

IMG_2630.thumb.JPG.a916be5bc59922f9a4603909f2161056.JPG

Standard Ten hubcaps! I hope they're not Standard Ten wheels as they had a tendency for the centre disc to break away from the rim. Ask my Dad - well get your ouija board out anyway.