Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

Another fantastic Silverstone Classic. Staying over Sunday night as well.

IMG_2076.JPG

• Like 5

9 hours ago, jonjh1964 said:

46969248-C2E1-4FA4-8776-4ECB4860FFF5.thumb.jpeg.4d8cb03d9ce7cfab71eac594d0299920.jpeg

Hardy Monument, Black Down, Dorset at about 10am today.

I know the old engine in the lovely Elevens is a classic, but how did you get that exhaust through IVA?

• Haha 4

On 19/07/2018 at 18:05, geoffd said:

WP_20180718_10_37_59_Pro.jpg.b9c37bd77e2c662960297a84d2aa054a.jpg

Still not running well.

Sorned

No MOT

Anyone want a project?!

Geoff

Don't give up on it Geoff, what's the problem?

11 hours ago, garytipping said:

Don't give up on it Geoff, what's the problem?

If only I knew ....!

The car starts well (new battery), but runs roughly, and won't pull properly.  I tried driving to the MOT garage last year, but had to give up, I just managed to get home again.

I'm guessing it's more likely to be ignition related, so I am replacing components one by one.  I replaced the points with an electronic gadget.  I will try another set of plugs, then a new coil.

I am fortunate to have other special cars, so sometimes the Westfield has a low priority!

Geoff

• Like 1

Mine would started but would not want to rev or move far. It turned out to be the new spark plugs I put in (just two played up) replaced them and instant start and run

I have a rev limiter on my distributor ignition Pinto and it was badly interrupting the ignition feed. If I took it out of circuit the engine ran perfectly, but when in circuit it would run just like an engine seriously out of tune or fuel starved. The cause was probably electrical 'noise' in the 12v supply making the Omex limiter malfunction. The source of the noise would have been the alternator because that had two faults, each of which could cause noise: broken soldered joints in the diode pack, and a brush with a broken pigtail which left the spring to carry the rotor current. My apparent uncertainty stems from the fact that whilst I have repaired the alternator, it still won't charge!

gRLC9zU.jpg

22 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

I know the old engine in the lovely Elevens is a classic, but how did you get that exhaust through IVA?

97.4dB at 3/4 of 5,200rpm which was the peak power output on the dyno plot:rolleyes: but it was a bit of a drag...

6 hours ago, Peter Robinson said:

Mine would started but would not want to rev or move far. It turned out to be the new spark plugs I put in (just two played up) replaced them and instant start and run

I'll try new plugs when I get back from my holiday.  No rev limiter, so that's one thing I don't have to worry about!

Thanks for your ideas, they are most welcome.

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Stephen W said:

Impromptu body swap. 

38850843_10156537291762579_7544156870567

We're you just bored one Sunday or was there a purpose :d