Recent snap of your Westfield

SXRORY

1 minute ago, Jonk179 said:

Also being really sad I do like bin wagons! Oh the glamour.:cry:

I'd have kept that bit to myself.:)

28 minutes ago, Jonk179 said:

For they are both things of beauty! I run 30 RCV's 17 of which are brand new. I took the Westfield to work today and used it as a training aid to demonstrate the vulnerability of other road users and pedestrians when in close proximity to a 26T LGV. Some drivers found it quite an eye opener. Also being really sad I do like bin wagons! Oh the glamour.:cry:

I used to be in tne waste industry and know quite a bit about speccing up bin wagons.  Good chassis the Econics.  I know all about what crews get up to as well.  Double siding, grey waste, safety bypassing, I’ve seen the lot.  I’ve been to more fatal inquests than I ever dreamed.  Good on you for pushing safety.  Never want to go to another one where a little girl gets reversed over, a Polish crew member gets crushed because he didn’t speak English, or see a homeless person compacted after falling asleep in an 1100l Taylor bin. :(

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Captain Colonial said:

I used to be in tne waste industry and know quite a bit about speccing up bin wagons.  Good chassis the Econics.  I know all about what crews get up to as well.  Double siding, grey waste, safety bypassing, I’ve seen the lot.  I’ve been to more fatal inquests than I ever dreamed.  Good on you for pushing safety.  Never want to go to another one where a little girl gets reversed over, a Polish crew member gets crushed because he didn’t speak English, or see a homeless person compacted after falling asleep in an 1100l Taylor bin. :(

Crikey! And people believe that being a firefighter is a dangerous job... 

Yep, years ago now, but had the misfortune to watch a bin man being killed by his own lorry; walking behind it, as it reversed, he stumbled and fell. The driver, didn’t notice. Myself and several neighbours happened to see. But ironically, the driver couldn’t hear us shouting over the sound of the reversing siren on top of the engine noise.

• Sad 1

Luckily we've not had a fatal or serious injury in over 35 years but we do Invest heavily in training and technology, but some of the things I hear at seminars etc really make you think. Also as O license holder it would be me in the dock and that is enough to make me ensure we do things right.

• Like 3

1435641186_Mikepass.jpg.551d2c3399a2866797fda5af5332908a.jpg

Croft Circuit courtesy of Pugwash

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

220 mile blat today. Did buttertubs pass and plenty of other good roads, a shandy in the Tan Hill Inn and then watch for choo choose on the Ribble head viaduct. An aching backside and forgot to apply sun cream so look like lobster boy but a brilliant day.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Another one taken at Le Mans camp....

F738254A-6D3D-4794-BC58-9A20EF6EF989.thumb.jpeg.a7891ad464b934136b432cc1385758d7.jpeg

and when we were at hotel prior to Normandy beaches run

134DD48F-661D-4ACA-BF67-5EC1172FBB60.thumb.jpeg.8697c9d34782cca94aeeba45f17c37e7.jpeg

awesome road trip!

• Like 7

10 hours ago, 6carjon said:

Did someone's number plate shrink in the wash ? :d

Where do folks get these small number plates from??

11 hours ago, 6carjon said:

Did someone's number plate shrink in the wash ? :d

That’s what happens when you wash it too much! ;)