2 years ago today, I got this...................

Thrustyjust

55 minutes ago, Blatman said:

More like 30bhp and with throbble botties and the longer inlets comes a hole in the bonnet with access to cool(er) air. Plus I can't see how the engine bay on a Westfield ends up hotter than the engine bay on the donor, especially when the donor is likely to survive in climates waaaay hotter than the UK. Do we have any empirical data on temps in there and what exactly is going on with the standard induction?

I appreciate that holes in the bonnet are not to everyone's taste but believe me the power and torque gains are very good. And as long as the bloke programming the ECU knows his onions it'll be as reliable as anything else. My green car has throbble botties, a closed in engine bay (paneled in floor and no holes in the bonnet) and they have been 100% reliable in the nearly 2 decades of my tenure of this car.

You need to keep up at the back with the Omex throttle bodies on offer :d. Problem is, they tie you in with the ecu , as that needs sending away for adjustments. Also they are direct to head , so the butterflies are next to a hot head casting. If I had my way again, i would not have Omex in my car , but Emerald ecu and Jenvey TB's, if they make them to fit the engine. Never had any issues with mine on the Zetec. Were spot on.

4 hours ago, Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO said:

I enjoyed watching/making you spend lots of money :p

I'll discuss this situation about expenditure over an ice cream on Sunday Mr F :d

52 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

I'll discuss this situation about expenditure over an ice cream on Sunday Mr F :d

Sounds like a plan :d

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2018 at 17:31, Thrustyjust said:

You need to keep up at the back with the Omex throttle bodies on offer :d. Problem is, they tie you in with the ecu , as that needs sending away for adjustments. Also they are direct to head , so the butterflies are next to a hot head casting. If I had my way again, i would not have Omex in my car , but Emerald ecu and Jenvey TB's, if they make them to fit the engine. Never had any issues with mine on the Zetec. Were spot on.

I was in Holland for a month last week so I may have skimmed over some stuff :oops: 

Got any temp readings of the butterflies? I would have thought the cooling effect of atomised unleaded would have kept the temps down a bit.

1 hour ago, Blatman said:

I was in Holland for a month last week so I may have skimmed over some stuff :oops: 

Got any temp readings of the butterflies? I would have thought the cooling effect of atomised unleaded would have kept the temps down a bit.

Injectors are after the butterflies Blatters .............. Thanks @Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary for the stalk photo :d

81199710_TBs.thumb.JPG.ca5718e17cf7a9a83a3d62c40be0fc21.JPG

On 01/06/2018 at 13:15, Thrustyjust said:

Exactly that. The standard single throttle butterfly suffers from heat soak from the engine, which is why I fitted the thermal gasket to stop the butterfly sticking. So putting 4 butterflies near the cylinder head is a daft thing to do , as heat is its enemy and you just made them hotter. The Honda engine would also benefit from longer tracts , so you loose that too. And for 10 bhp ? hmmmmmm................

On my this one mate you don’t know what your talking about. 

Having both on my car the difference is unreal. 

The standard S2000 in a wessie is 225 at best so it’s more like 20-25 bhp increase and a 25 ft-lb mid range increase. 

The noise is awesome, the throttle response is better and the power increase is vastly noticeable. 

You like your car as it is, that’s fine but don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. 

• Like 1