Facebook "face recognition"

Terry Everall

Cant get onto Facebook until I update my data setting

It seems that they are pushing FACE RECOGNITION system as a benefit ...Any comments please? Do I need it is it any use  etc

Should be a Skip this setting button somewhere Terry, Facebook is being a Pain at the moment. We will all be back on here soon :d:d deja vu of 20 years ago 

Thanks

They already do facial recognition, it learns yours and your friends/family from the photos you post and it starts automatically tagging them.

Not just face recognition as apparently they will take your nuddies as well.

7 hours ago, Lyonspride said:

They already do facial recognition, it learns yours and your friends/family from the photos you post and it starts automatically tagging them.

Unless the user turns it off, which they can.

Look under the “account” menu and select “Privacy Settings”. From there click the “Customize settings” link at the bottom of the table. Within there, look for “Suggest photos of me to friends”, and set it to “Disabled”.

As ever with these types of things, the options are all there. Sometimes they are not very easy to see but they are there. Same for facial recognition for access to the account.