What are the best replacement rear lights.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

I am wanting to change my rear lights.

They are the trailer type lights at present.

My rear lights are so dim you would not know they are on.

Can anyone recommend any to me that are bright.

Happy to go away from the trailer type lights.

18 minutes ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

I am wanting to change my rear lights.

They are the trailer type lights at present.

My rear lights are so dim you would not know they are on.

Can anyone recommend any to me that are bright.

Happy to go away from the trailer type lights.

Hi, check out Bolton bits led lights 

I have the carbon fibre lookalike housing from wsc

Check out the replacement LED lens units from Spiyda. They slip in behind the existing covers and are incredibly bright. @Kevin (Mr T) - Essex AO bought them at Stoneleigh

• Sad 1

Staffordshire Vehicle Components sell these LED lights. The carbon pods are the original ones from Westfield that came with the car and it is best to edge the pods with some flexible rubber u channel. The indicators need a resistor to stop them flashing fast.

Did you buy some pods before and they didn't fit?

Rear lights 2 001.JPG

16 minutes ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

Did you buy some pods before and they didn't fit?

Yes, I bought some and my arches are narrow so they didnt fit at all.

1 minute ago, BugMan said:

Geoff definitely go for LED of some sort :westy:

Yes, ordered some.

57 minutes ago, Kit Car Electronics said:

Check out the replacement LED lens units from Spiyda. They slip in behind the existing covers and are incredibly bright. @Kevin (Mr T) - Essex AO bought them at Stoneleigh

Thanks Mike.

Just ordered a pair.

1 hour ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Yes, I bought some and my arches are narrow so they didnt fit at all.

Yes, ordered some.

Thanks Mike.

Just ordered a pair.

@Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO when you have had time to fit them could you take some photos please. I am very interested too, but would like to see how much of an improvement they are before I buy.

1 hour ago, BugMan said:

Sweet, do a before and after pic for us?

22 minutes ago, neptune said:

@Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO when you have had time to fit them could you take some photos please. I am very interested too, but would like to see how much of an improvement they are before I buy.

Will do.

Put it this way. When my back lights are on, I still think they are off.

I have just replaced mine with RDX land rover style LED lights:

http://www.bowerspartsonline.co.uk/lighting/front-lighting/led-front-lighting/land-rover-defender-73mm-led-clear-indicator-light-upgrade-rdxwipac

They work nicely, are very bright and clear and, with a bit of bracketry, you can mount them into the indicator pods on the nosecone too.

Will have to take some pictures of them fitted. It's down to your preferences at the end of the day, but I went through a few LED light clusters that were so dim when I tested them that I would be worried if they'd be seen on a sunny day.

Bear in mind you'll need to change the indicator flasher if moving from incandescent to LED. I found I could just change the shunt resistor in my existing flasher.

I just replaced the standard trailer type lens and fitted led bulbs, made a huge difference.

Yep, I saw someone at Stoneleigh selling PCBs that fit into the standard light clusters to upgrade them to LED too.

My clusters had seen better days, though, and I was replacing the wheel arches anyway, so I decided to do something different.

LED taillight reflectors - TOOGOO(R) 2x LED Red Reflector Tail Brake Stop Marker Light Truck Trailer ATV RV Motor SUV https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01DXFCRJA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Rr.dBb3J74VYF

TOOGOO(R) 2PC LED Round Reflector Tail Brake Stop Marker Light Indicator Truck Trailer yellow https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071YC2ZBL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_bt.dBb30QN9C9

I bought this two things...

6£ the 4 units...

Super bright. Really nice, and discrete... wont weight more than 70 grams all 4...

It wont go trough an IVA, but its bewn mot'd no issues.