Doors, again?

Terryathome

The other issue with polycarbonate can be static electricity charge . Its a known fact that voltages in excess of 60KV have been known to be induced ,especially in hot weather 

So be very careful ,  always wear rubber ( you cant see the stuff but you will certainly feel it  ) :t-up:

5 hours ago, Beaker_Bob said:

I have used both of these at work (never tried buying direct privately but I'm sure something is possible):

Precoated sheet:

http://www.peerless-coatings.co.uk/plastics-supply/protective-coating-polycarbonate/

Liquid Coating - Spray/Dip (S500 is most suitable, but does require primer and thermal cure)

http://www.exxene.com/core-products/hardcoats/

My polycarbonate windscreen is Makralon AR scratch resist- just as easy to handle as any other, but hasn't scratched yet with small amounts of windscreen wiper use.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martin Rice (Sparkymart) - Cornwall AO said:

Hmmm interesting. Anybody used this stuff.

What's the scratch resistance like?

What's it like for peeling off at speed?

Glen Hardman did this conversion years ago, I think he had a tinted film added, that way you can remove the film if scratched and replace.