Doors, again?

Terryathome

That’s interesting, I keep thinking there’s got to be a better solution for the doors.

Will look forward to seeing how you get on.

My doors seem to flap around and I am potentially looking at an additional strap at the end of the door where it meets the wheelarch. By holding it in location, seems to prevent the flapping around I currently have. Just need to find some nylon strap and no, dont check ebay using that description if you have a weak heart !! :o

• Haha 1

Maybe want to consider deleting your browser history there mister TJ!  :suspect: :oops: :d

• Haha 1

Doors tested

Visibility 100%

Flapping, none

Wind, gone

Noise, 50% better

Wife, happy

Conclusion, result

• Like 1

Usual problem with polycarb is whilst tough as hell, it scratches dead easy :/

Your quite right, just need to be careful which will be a first.

Yeah, most commercial applications like visors, protective screens etc, have hard coatings to give scratch reisistance. I wonder if there’s any sort of diy usable equivalent?

1 hour ago, Terryathome said:

Doors tested

Visibility 100%

Flapping, none

Wind, gone

Noise, 50% better

Wife, happy

Conclusion, result

I would have thought that the fact your wind has stopped would have made the wife happy Terry :d

2 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

My doors seem to flap around and I am potentially looking at an additional strap at the end of the door where it meets the wheelarch. By holding it in location, seems to prevent the flapping around I currently have. Just need to find some nylon strap and no, dont check ebay using that description if you have a weak heart !! :o

When my wife uses my laptop for bravissimo and the like and I get bra adds all over the screen ( my story and sticking to it !!) can cause a slight issue with blood pressure and romantic evening gestures ( usually get told no!) 

Yes, browsing history is now capacitors that I needed for work :down: such a sad muppet as getting capacitors on the screen to buy.....................sigh..............

Oh and fixed the doors as found some strap and poppers and made a second door strap, so happy days as a free mod.:yes:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

I would have thought that the fact your wind has stopped would have made the wife happy Terry :d

Perhaps that’s why it’s so much quieter in there too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thrustyjust said:

and romantic evening gestures ( usually get told no!) 

Try tempting her with a bra :oops: 

5 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Yeah, most commercial applications like visors, protective screens etc, have hard coatings to give scratch reisistance. I wonder if there’s any sort of diy usable equivalent?

Could potentially use 2K clear coat, it works a treat on headlights (which I think are polycarb too) where the coating has turned misty/yellow. A bit of fine grit wet/dry to remove the old coating, 2k clear coat and it's hard as nails again + UV protected :D

On 27/05/2018 at 18:12, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I have used both of these at work (never tried buying direct privately but I'm sure something is possible):

Precoated sheet:

http://www.peerless-coatings.co.uk/plastics-supply/protective-coating-polycarbonate/

Liquid Coating - Spray/Dip (S500 is most suitable, but does require primer and thermal cure)

http://www.exxene.com/core-products/hardcoats/

Interesting. I know something is possible; my opticians have it done for lenses, and most are just dipped in the various baths for the different coatings. (A gross simplification, I know,, but not actually having watched it done, I don't know the exact process, just that it's doable on a small scale).