Howwwww much!

tex

5 hours ago, Paul Hurdsfield said:

If anyone is interested you can have mine for ONLY £30,000 :laugh:

Are you serious? A new factory built ecoboost car for £30,000? If you are please pm me as I'm seriously interested.

I always doubt the accuracy of some people bargin builds. Im not saying its not possible - but who hasnt got so good at hiding bits expenditure from certain budget stakeholders to the point where they believe thier own BS. I think this also explains why cars go for such low costs. All new parts registered car - I wouldnt build them for that price at that volume.

5 hours ago, Steve (sdh2903) said:

Granted but there's no past evidence on here that people aren't welcome no matter what they drive? So I don't see where the apprehension would come from. Now if it was pistonheads that would be a different matter altogether.......

Speaking from Derby and Notts perspective it wouldn't be the case there either. No one would bat and eyelid whether it was a £3,000 recovery / restoration car or top spec purchase and drive owner.

• Like 1

http://www.classicandsportscar.com/classifieds/classic-cars/westfield/other-models/now-sold--westfield-sport-250--nc500-limited-edition/7242182  related to NC001 car which was reg. 2016 and sold with 1800 miles on clock and IIRC price was sold for about £28k but don't quote me as could be wrong.

The OP relates to a new car with 0 miles and unregistered if I've read the ad. correctly.

Pre 1973, and the introduction of EU VAT which applied to cars as well as parts, the UK had Purchase Tax which applied to cars at 33% (I think) but didn't apply to parts. So buying parts and building your kitcar was not only a route to performance but also cost saving. It's amazing kitcars have survived and many thought the introduction of VAT on parts would see their demise.

https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/cost-car-year-born/ gives an interesting read on historical car prices for those with the time for nostalgia.

I do hope the new 250 Sport owner Dave met at Stoneleigh will join the forum and forgive our banter--sometimes we just can't help ourselves but no disrespect intended.

Standard rear springs might be ok if 70 kg driver but stiffer ones are available if needed for larger drivers and has improved the ride for some members with similar cars.

It would be interesting to get the potential new members feedback and to see if he feels he might fancy a quicker steering rack.

If someone mocked me about how much I’d spent I’d tell them to get fooked! I certainly wouldn’t let it take the shine off my fun. Anyone who let it do that must be a bit uncomfortable with themselves about it anyway..

• Like 1

When a newby arrives in a £5k car at a club meet there will be just as much interest as in a new £25k one, perhaps more interest, with more to look at.

Don’t think money is important for most car clubs, although it was funny to talk to the Ferrari club car parking team at the Silverstone Classic. All the drivers thought their car should be at the front. Must be disappointing when you’ve “scraped together” £100k on your first Ferrari and the next in line cost £2m

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, BugMan said:

I think it's very much a matter of personnel perspective, yes in my mind I payed a lot of money for me complet 250 kit, but to me thats only a small part of the Westfield experience IMHO. 

For me my personnel journey into building my kit has opened my upto a new chapter in my life as I now no-longer sit in front of a PC with my clan mates fighting battles on various games every night for long hours, and while I have nothing against the "Gamer" title I have just moved onto a better lifestyle with a different focus, better social life with my local WF buddies.

Now I'm very fortunate in being at a stage in my life where I can afford to do this and have the support of my wife, in getting my backside off the sofa and being more active.

I'd also echo the point that I've never experienced anything negative about my own 250 from the forum or from anybody I have meet along the way from the WSCC, in fact I'd have struggled to be where I am with my project if it were not from the contributions from everybody here, and I take a positive position to try to help others as others have helped me

Hey Bugman what did you used to play on PC? 

If you look back at my op I was more shocked just at how much they were charging for what is essentially a 2nd hand car. I was amazed just how much the prices have risen (list) not value on 2nd hand market. If that's list price and not bumped up again that still is a lot of money. 

I've recently had my car rebuilt (Megabusa) front end last year and rear end this year and the costs were a lot less new for new. Granted its a brand new chassis but that doesn't justify the extra cost. Mine was factory made 2005, at about 27k new.. So how can they justify the extra, for performance? As a 13yr old car I'll be right in your mirror. 

Hence the astonishment of the price. I certainly wasn't trying to belittle anyone or mock, more like sometimes you need to question the cost of things, I've seen some ridiculous costs for parts and you do have to question 'what? For that?' 

If yours was £27k new, 13 years ago, I don’t think £35-36k for a limited edition, if that’s your bag, is ridiculous. Overpriced, probably, but not when you consider what else, similar, you can get for that money.. If you want to talk having your trousers down, try looking at a Caterham!.. 

Is it me or are all Westfields Limited Editions..............  very rare to get 2 that look the same

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO said:

Is it me or are all Westfields Limited Editions..............  very rare to get 2 that look the same

Thats because they use different people making bodywork on a regular basis and different suppliers to get bits from 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tom (T3OMF) - Cotswolds AO said:

I suppose thats the thing about  home built cars. We can avoid the 'cheap' bits in the factory kit and personalise the cars and dare I say it ( because I do dare ) built with more care and attention than a factory car , to make all our cars pretty unique. One member here took his car to the factory for an IVA test and response was  that they dont have the time to build one like it. From Stoneleigh and just walking around , there wasnt a matching pair , that I could see . The joy of the forum shows this with everyone willing to assist with ' what I did and worked really well, see heres a picture' approach , gives massive ideas and thoughts about being unique. 

ask some one how much they spend owning a horse? for our cars take out the cost of a service, fuel, and insurance once built if you don't take it apart then it becomes relatively cheap (bar failures)

its the same conversation i had with someone about their new rifle.... lets say 5K but it will last 50 yrs so 500 per yr is pretty cheap.

personally i wouldn't spend 35K on a Westfield when you consider the tech that we don't have and a 35K porker would but then i object to paying for all sorts hence the garage is still being built.

I think a slip of the finger Dom as arithmetic says £100 per yr. so even cheaper.  

I did look at second hand 420s and 620s on a popular car Trader site and performance attracts a high price.

3 hours ago, Jim G said:

If you want to talk having your trousers down, try looking at a Caterham!.. 

Narrow models are snug to fit into but I was unaware trousers had to come off !!:blush:

• Haha 1