Westfield se narrow 1700cc crossflow

George Heighway

Hi, just gauging interest really regarding my Westfield. She’s a 1992 se narrow body with a tuned 1700cc crossflow. The body work is in good order for a 26 year old car with some very slight bubbling on the bonnet from the engine/exhaust manifold, and on the rear of the car there’s some slight fading around where the spare wheel would sit on the hanger, the odd scuff from the harness falling out the car etc but  other than that she is very tidy. Original swept wings which seem to be a rarity nowadays and look pretty smart, interior is in good shape also with 2 leather seats, willans 4 point harnesses and omp quick release steering wheel. I have two sets of wheel and tyres for her as well. The wheels on the car at the minute are a set of immaculate jbw compomotive 13” chrome minilite replicas with Yokohama a539 all round (all very good tread, only a couple months old, with 1 unused spare) I also have the ally cat 13” minilite wheels which came with the car (5 wheels in good condition, just some bubbling of the paint) and then another 4x Yokohama a539 low profile unused tyres. Car handles great with these tyres and the spax suspension all round. List of all the parts are as follows.

MOT until December this year

1700cc crossflow, big valve head, high lift cam, twin Webber’s (150bhp) limited to 7500rpm with a dta management box which also has fully functioning launch control (4500rpm)

4 speed rocket box 

English live axle 

spax suspension all round 

stack rev counter

omp steering wheel (quick release) 

Wet weather gear (hood and doors) 

Spare repackable exhaust silencer (for track days etc) 

4 x jbw compomotive minilites with 5x yoko a539 

5 x ally cat 13” minilites 

4 x unused yoko a539 (lower profile) 

push button start

vintage steel number plates 

it’s a quick little car and only reason I’m thinking of selling is to buy my first house but I’m in no way desperate to part with it and will probably regret doing so.

** £5995** is roughly where I want to be.  silly offers will be ignored but sensible offers will be considered. 

Sure I’ve missed bits out here and she really is a well sorted Westfield. Any questions please ask. Based in Devon. 

It’s a very well put together car and the person who built it was obviously very passionate about it which is reflected in the engine and chassis build only thing that I can see that needs tidying really is the wiring! 

59A76E05-C949-47B4-8825-9028B5A23867.png

4EEF6AA5-5FD6-41B1-B172-896FE30C531A.png

E4BEA4F8-368F-4EBC-B77D-CD54575724F4.png

8EC1E38A-1017-4663-A3E0-461B0AF04480.png

28F8091C-FFCB-4EDD-8A75-420AC6781CF0.png

5225A3C1-D4C0-496C-9DCA-6CA29622F583.png

D83B8363-DA39-4EA4-A2C0-7351B4F9C3E7.png

• Like 1

Hi, I have sold my wide body car and am looking for another, would a person approx 6'2" slim build fit in a narrow body, I was thinking about room around the pedals?

thanks  Peter

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Olliebeak said:

Hi, I have sold my wide body car and am looking for another, would a person approx 6'2" slim build fit in a narrow body, I was thinking about room around the pedals?

thanks  Peter

Hi peter, I’m 6’2” And a large build (17.5 stone) and I can get in and out ok but if I’m honest on longer drives I do start to ache! I had a quick release kit put on and that bought the steering wheel up towards me a nice amount so my knees now clear the wheel but before it was a no go being this tall! Hope this helps. George 

I'm 6' and quite slim (79Kgs) and I fit in a SE car fine. My biggest issue is shoe size though, I have to wear narrow footwear (i.e. not typical trainers) otherwise my foot fouls the brake pedal when accelerating.

The only way you’ll know is to try, I’m afraid.

cars are often subltley different, which can affect the drivers room more than you’d think.

Plus, being honest, comparing heights and weights with someone else is relatively meaningless. People carry both their height and weight in massively different ways, which if you’re a bit marginal for fit, can mean one car is a no go and the other works perfectly for you, while someone else with similar numbers, can find the opposite cars work best for them.

I recall a few years ago, for the record, 6’1” and at the time 17.5 stone, trying three different narrows; two I couldn’t fit between the tunnel and side of the car enough to even get my bum in the seat, yet one, I fitted fine.

You’ll just have to try them and see how you get on.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.