need help guys

The Cheese

recentley fitted a turbo t25 to my zetec westfield and its all finished and been for mapping but the guy mapping it says it can't keep up with the fuel above 4500 rpm

he said i need bigger injectors a better fuel pump and a stronger actuator on my turbo which is brand new 

question is has anyone else had fuelling issues with the same/similar setup as i don't know wether to go somewhere else for a second opinion

What size are your injectors, and what pressure are you running them at?

• Like 1

Just now, Dommo said:

What size are your injectors, and what pressure are you running them at?

it is a totally standard zetec was hoping to run low boost with a view to increase at end of year but its a 2012 zetec not sure what size they are 

You can't run lower boost than the actuator will give you unfortunately, which limits you somewhat. I'm not sure if you can find an actuator that will give you sufficiently low enough levels of boost to make standard injectors work. I'd imagine the standard injectors will be 200cc/min or so, and you're looking for at least 350, preferably more than 400. Might be worth a google to see what other Zetec Turbo guys use?

• Thanks 1

I've heard of 625cc Siemans Daka injectors being ideal for a 2.0 Zetec turbo. That was on a Bailey performance motor and I know they do these on the regular, so might be a good starting point?

• Thanks 1

its a mine field once you start ,should of sold it then bought a turbo one !!!

10 hours ago, The Cheese said:

should of sold it then bought a turbo one !!!

But where's the fun in that:d

Cosworth yellow injectors flow about 300cc at 3bar, and are good for 270/280bhp with low boost of about 15psi.  Probably not much help, but may be some sort of guide.

Youre nearly there , so dot chuck the towel in. Injectors and a variable pressure regulator maybe a sensible thing to fit too. The pump 'may struggle also and need a Bosch 044, is the common one, I believe but watch out for fake ones !! 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Thrustyjust said:

Youre nearly there , so dot chuck the towel in. Injectors and a variable pressure regulator maybe a sensible thing to fit too. The pump 'may struggle also and need a Bosch 044, is the common one, I believe but watch out for fake ones !! 

Yes I’ve just got a Bosch 044 genuine 

and putting in focus rs mk1 injectors 400cc

2 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Yes I’ve just got a Bosch 044 genuine 

and putting in focus rs mk1 injectors 400cc

That will work a treat :t-up:

Standard zetec injectors are only 180cc,so no wonder it' running out of fuel! :)

I run 8 of them on my R1 turbo ;)

1 minute ago, CosKev said:

Standard zetec injectors are only 180cc,so no wonder it' running out of fuel! :)

I run 8 of them on my R1 turbo ;)

Greedy sod.............:d

Just now, Thrustyjust said:

Greedy sod.............:d

I started off with four Astra VXR injectors, but when mapping Dale couldn't get the off boost fueling good enough,as it' only a 1ltr engine the air speed entering the engine wasn't enough for the fuel to atomise properly.

So Dale had brand new zetec injectors on the shelf at a bargain price so I went away and modded the inlet to take 8 injectors :t-up: