Engine year and from what .

Weekend Warrior

My car is factory built ,has a 2.0 zetec blacktop  and is registered on a 62 plate .

I want to order a crank sensor and a few other bits but there are so many variables ,how do I tell if it’s a focus ,mondo and it’s year .

A good starter for ten, is to post a request in Tech Talk, alongside some clear photos showing the front of the engine, the top cam cover arrangement and the sides of the engine.

That way, someone will potentially recognise it from what they have, and tell you what it was from.

• Like 1

That looks like an excellent resource!

This thread may end up moving to the FAQ section of the info pans out!

I would have thought the 2 ltr blacktop has the same sensor on it through build life. Is there not a ford code on the side of it ?

I’m ashamed to say I don’t know know where it is  never mind what it looks like .When you go on eBay and enter ford zetec 2.0 blacktop crank sensor you get them for focuses ,mondeos ,tdci ,are they all the same then 

My 1800 zetec crank sensor is on the passenger side of the engine low down towards the rear of the block where the block meets the gearbox bell housing. It's a small black plastic plug that comes out at an angle. Mine's a 2001 engine. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GaryD1971 said:

My 1800 zetec crank sensor is on the passenger side of the engine low down towards the rear of the block where the block meets the gearbox bell housing. It's a small black plastic plug that comes out at an angle. Mine's a 2001 engine. 

15269266939203945942239121110568.jpg

1 minute ago, GaryD1971 said:

15269266939203945942239121110568.jpg

Cheers Gary I’ve checked and ca see mine can’t see any numbers on it though

You will need to remove it to see the number, this is mine from a silvertop zetec.

20180421_111739.jpg

Cheers Pete do you just grab it and pull (I don’t want to break it )

15269266939203945942239121110568.jpgJ

Stamped into the side where it meets the bell housing just above this appear to be BP 09 12  does that mean anything