clan mcwesty first run

ziplob

First Run of the Season 27th to Killin and ben Lawers after that so we can meet at Stirling services for 10.00. get your names up so I can arrange a lunch stop .

Bob.

Please could you put me down for a place. As a first timer, roughly how does the day play out? 

Chris 

• Like 1

Hi all - suggestion for the run and how the day goes:

Killin Run – Sunday 27thMay 2018

Summary:

Approx. 130 mile circular run round Perthshire (~4 hrs driving, plus lunch stop). Not including 'transit time' to/from meeting point though, so obviously more than 4 hours overall. Public roads and no single-track. Scenic and generally good road surfaces.Maybe lunch in Aberfeldy (plenty of cafes), then back down Sma' Glen and head back through Crieff, Gleneagles etc.

Meet:

M9 Stirling Services for departure at 10:00 sharp. 

Route:

From Stirling Services:

• M9 north to Dunblane
  • Though Dunblane, back over A9 and take B8033 Braco
  • Through Braco about 1/2 a mile, then left onto B827 Comrie
  • Left at T junction on Comrie Main street onto A85 to Lochearnhead
  • STOP at St Fillans to regroup – long lay-bys at lochside
  • Right at T junction in Lochearnhead, still on A85
  • Right onto A827 at LixToll, through Killin and on to Aberfeldy
  • STOP at Aberfeldy for lunch – go through crossroads (traffic lights), then park in carpark on right behind Co-op & petrol station.
  • Back to crossroads and turn left at lights onto A826 Amulree, then A822 towards Crieff
  • STOP on roadside after left turn over river south of Amulree to regroup (3 lay-bys after bridge next to river).
  • Right onto A85 through Crieff, then south on A822 through Muthill
  • Left onto A823 Gleneagles/ Glendevon/ Muckhart/ Rumbling Bridge
  • Right at T junction onto A977 through Powmill and on to Kincardine OR left onto A823 via Knockhill
  • Home (own route).

Fuel:

Stirling Services, Comrie, Killin (LixToll), Aberfeldy, Crieff

Always a good idea to familiarise yourself with where we're going if it isn't an area you know.

Matt

• Like 1

got us booked into the courtyard in Kenmore for 2 for lunch also have a route and maps done so we wont get lost

• Like 1

Have a good run guys, but I'll not be able to join you I'm afraid. Got a busy weekend planned and then joining Geoofrey and Gary's trip for a day on Tuesday.

I'm missing Applecross as well this year due to Le Mans and family holidays. Me sad!

Seven 7s - seems apt :) and a Focus RS and a Noble :yes:

Great run today - sunshine too! Really enjoyed meeting everyone, thanks for organising, Bob :yes:

Cheers,

Brian

A3A88D16-DEC2-4CF3-B264-79CC97862C44.jpeg

• Like 2

I think that's the longest run I've had in the Westie just wearing a teeshirt (and breeks of course :d). It must've been in the 20's around Kenmore but was freezing going over the Forth bridge on the way back in the mist. 

fantastic weather till the forth bridge just how cold did it get .

Great run, and fantastic weather, it is still warm here in sunny Dunblane. Really nice to meet you all. 

Thanks for organising the run (and the weather) Bob. 

Chris