Hi All, First Westfield Purchase

4ndy

I'm a bit late to the party but :ww:

...and pleased Cherished/A-Plan were able to help yet again.

• Like 2

Welcome from Yorkshire.

I'm with Aplan too, no oe could touch them for me and don't worry too much about motorway use, just keep your wits about you and watch out for coaches more than trucks. I drove from Leeds to Stoneleigh and back and will be going to Silverstone on the M1 with no problems. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 4ndy said:

Hoping to collect Saturday weather dependant.:sun:

Don’t forget, you are welcome to join us on Sunday morning. We will be meeting at the McDonald’s on Maynell Road in Darlington at 8.30 am on Sunday morning. We will then be stopping again in Alston.

hiya :ww:

Re: The bonnet colour.....

Many moons ago a colour difference in the bonnet was a good indicator of a minor engine fire, especially if it ever had carbs with foam filters. It was not uncommon to see on cars of that era and nothing to ring alarm bells, but owners used to either go for an entirely different colour replacement OR do a full paint job in a non-standard colour.

Hi,

Thanks for comments really appreciate any advice.

Please see photo of bonnet colour difference below. The log book states blue.

image.png.e1ada47731a0fca06343de2537e8fa68.png

Its a potential different bonnet, but some have known to fly off and be beyond repair, so dont worry too much, especially with the rear latches that are used.

24 minutes ago, 4ndy said:

If engine fire had accrued would you expect an alternative engine number than stated on log book?

It would be foolish to change engine without doing the paperwork, if DVLA ever find issue with the VIN number (which the new MOT system sometimes screws up as the tickbox system isn't geared toward kitcars), the DVLA use the engine number to ID the vehicle.

As above, flying bonnet syndrome is another possible, forgot about that, used to happen a lot with the original over centre catches once the springs broke and its the reason I change mine for those with the padlock loop.

Flying bonnet sounds much more palatable than engine fire. 

The car dosn`t look (to my untrained eye) like its been painted. Am I right to think its coloured within the fiber glass GRP?

Again thanks for all your comments.