Hi All, First Westfield Purchase

4ndy

@4ndy one piece of advice. 

Dont rush in and buy the first car you see. Come along to a local meet and we’ll show  you what constitutes a good build and what to look for. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

@4ndy one piece of advice. 

Dont rush in and buy the first car you see. Come along to a local meet and we’ll show  you what constitutes a good build and what to look for. 

But if you have, the eBay one looks pretty good. :yes:

And welcome to our Club of car nuts.

Thanks again Chris.

I've left a deposit on the car as per link which is very clean, fortunately theirs an ex mechanic in the family who very kindly viewed the car with me.

What your thoughts numbers wise $£$ in terms of whats it worth?

I always think that this type of car will be worth whatever you are willing to pay for it. It looks in really good condition apart from the bonnet being a slightly different colour which isn't really visible on the pics. This may be a good bargaining point for a few quid off. Full weather gear, new tyres, low miles, looked after. If I had 10 grand I would give this car some serious thought. 

But as others have said, don't be in a rush. There are plenty out there for sale. Whatever you choose to do, I'm sure you will enjoy which ever car you end up with! 

Cheers for the comments Gary. Most definitely not been in a rush, been thinking about it since the motor bike was sold over a year ago. :d:yes:

• Like 1

When do you collect it and how did the insurance go.

Hello and Welcome from Sunny Southampton :sun:

Just trying to arrange collection. Its approx 100 miles so not to keen on driving it back with the majority being on the motorway.

I never got chance to phone insurance today but its on the list of things to do tomorrow, I've had a quote from Adrian flux for just over £250.

Looks a good car mate. Good advice to look around....I didn't take it though and bought the first one I saw and no regrets. You can be lucky and find a goodun straight away, or miss out on a good one and hang on for something better and not find one? If you have a good eye or take someone who knows mechanics of an engine etc, you should be fine. A test drive will reveal the normal issues and general look of the car will give a good idea of build quality and chassis condition. Most cars don't see many miles per year or bad weather, so normally not too much to be wary of as long as the engine is ok.

hope you enjoy and welcome to the world of Westfield ownership and a great club.

Mart.

11 hours ago, 4ndy said:

Just trying to arrange collection. Its approx 100 miles so not to keen on driving it back with the majority being on the motorway.

I never got chance to phone insurance today but its on the list of things to do tomorrow, I've had a quote from Adrian flux for just over £250.

You should be able to get a lot better price for insurance than that.

Plan a route back to avoid the motorway. 

For breakdown cover a few of us use a company called  Autoaid.