May the 24th: National Drive your Westfield to work day

Quinten

4 hours ago, corsechris said:

I’m retired so don’t have a job to go to

This is the problem with Westfield owners...  they always seem to find an excuse not to drive their cars.  I just wanted to point out to owners that they've got a car that is begging to be enjoyed at every opportunity, not just for an early Sunday morning once in a blue moon.

• Like 3

Caged animal. Also, a picture of my car at work. (obviously taken yesterday!)

WP_20180523_15_07_16_Rich (2).jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, corsechris said:

Yay, fresh MOT acquired....

26AB4E32-5FA5-4584-A274-1646F1E6B3B0.jpeg

That is a fantastic colour! 

• Like 2

We like it too :)  It’s a Ford colour, “Squeeze Green”, saw it on a 2009 Fiesta and fell in love with it. Really suits the shape of the Westy.

• Like 1

I have been to work in my Westfield every work day since Stoneleigh :) including today.

received_10211653433467034.jpeg

• Like 3

Has anyone unemployed driven  there Wessy to the Labour Exchange ???

No, but I did drive my o,d one to a Speed Awareness course, once. When they asked for photo ID I handed over an MSA license!

Of the two course leaders, who’d both seen me arrive, one just burst out laughing, and the other, who I’m now convinced was a retired (pushed out) headmistress, looked squarely at me and said “you’re a trouble maker, I’ve got my eye on you!”

• Like 1

Try explaining to the people about driving at 200 mph as well, as they dont see it as a sensible approach in a course when you have been nabbed for 60 in a 50 on motorway road works, like one of my engineers who has a drag bike :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...

@Quinten 2019 National Drive your Westfield to work day is FAST approaching :d

• Like 1

Yes @marcusb, very good of you to remember!

Would you believe it, there are still many amongst us who think the Westfield is only for the weekends...  To those I will say, go on, try taking it to work!  Bring a smile to the car parks of your office 🏙️🏎️😍

• Like 1