Weigh Day Sat 2nd June

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

mmm, I thought his radiator was empty. 

It's raining here, just off to put the roof on

• Haha 1

You knew it was raining hard when the weighbridge showed 120 kg with no cars on, just puddles and bouncing rain!

28 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

You knew it was raining hard when the weighbridge showed 120 kg with no cars on, just puddles and bouncing rain!

Rubbish excuse for admitting you need a hgv licence to drive your car Mr Eastwood :laugh:

I want the heaviest, I’ll have you know! Which shows just how much the rain was mucking things up.

(That statement while factually accurate may be missing one of two facts, too!) :p

2 minutes ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

I want the heaviest, I’ll have you know! Which shows just how much the rain was mucking things up.

Its them bl**** wings, I tell you !! :d

1 hour ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

So Julie did order the rain just like last time!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Martyn Vann - Joint Warwickshire AO said:

So Julie did order the rain just like last time!

Yep.. only it was heavier and longer.

Arrived home in Derby.. no rain all day!!!!  But a great day as always 

• Like 2

Yep,  very heavy rain, but like Trev, nothing at home all day.  Another great day though.

• Like 1

The actual weights were wrong because of all this rain, so I will report them as comparisons rather than accurate figures. Ian's was by far the lightest and mine was by far the heaviest. Jordan and Trevor weighed the same and were the next lightest, followed by Stephen and Dave who also weighed the same. I think my boss might have something to say about the weighbridge weighing 120kg with just rain on it, I might be stating the obvious but it does normally sit quiet at 0.00kg.

Your rainy day roof options - a full hood, a half hood or a brolly

DSC04288.JPG

The weighbridge area

DSC04287.JPG

Sogpuss

DSC04294.JPG

Those with empty tanks needed petrol, while us with full tanks got attacked by a Zombie Trevor

DSC04301.JPG

We arrived at The Barrow Hill Roundhouse where it nearly stopped raining. We parked up and went in search of their Full English Breakfast

DSC04305.JPG

The Full English

DSC04307.JPG

Then it was off to our new 'cafe with a view' which is in Wirksworth, just the other side of Matlock Bath. It was a good job that Ian spiced the journey up a bit as it was getting boring following Mr 25mph, then Mrs 25mph.

The cafe parking area, well it wasn't but after I spoke nicely to the owner she let us park there. 

DSC04315.JPG

You know what is coming next - CAKE - look, mini full cakes all to yourself, how cute. Oh and the view, don't forget the view.

DSC04317.JPG

The view, which also includes Jordan, Ian, Dave, Trevor, Stephen and Glen. It had not rained here all day, why did we not just drive around here?

DSC04318.JPG

Bye bye, everyone made their way home.

DSC04320.JPG

It's been a grand day with all the usual banter and useful information sharing that goes on at these things. @Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO you would have got very wet so you made the right decision but we do hope to see you soon. Thank you to everyone for being totally mad.

• Thanks 1

Yes, I made the right decision. Rained all morning here so went for a ride (not in the Westfield) the new Carding Shed where it hadn't rained.

All good fun, no idea where we went, but I hope for some better weather when we next meet up!

• Like 1

Sorry about the rain - looks like you had fun. Matt and I were still planning on going to GBS coffee morning but it was raining here at 8am so bailed. Matt got half way there and got drenched by a downpour so he turned round and went home. Shame as weather been good up until Saturday! Still there is another day :)

• Like 1

Looks like you had a great day as is usual, despite the rain! All we can report is sun, sun and more sun at 30+ degrees C :cool:

• Sad 1

We've been gasping in the heat this weekend in the south. Getting into a black seat with a riding up T shirt has been burning !! 

Glad you went for it, but poor Bagpuss ...................:down:

• Haha 1