DRL CONTROLLER

snowy892

I just used a simple changeover relay.

The coil operated by a side light feed and one side of the relay supplying the Drls. 

I used a controller which works fine apart from the dimming, it makes the lights flicker. This may be just my DRL’s though, I just disconnect them for the MOT yesterday.

46 minutes ago, Sycho said:

disconnect them for the MOT 

Sounds like a plan

I recently used the same DRL controller. I kept all the wiring near the fuses on the scuttle, as I used one of the live feeds as the main 12v feed so that the lights came on with the lignition, and the feed from the side lights to dim the DLRs. Earthed it to the earth point behind the engine and finally cable tied the box to the chassis by the earth. 

I also used a connector block from the out wires to the DLRs so that I could easily disable them if I had any MOT issues. 

Have used a few different ones over the years, to great effect. There can occasionally be the odd compatibility issue between the led chips used in certain DRL's and the dimmer part. But that's one of those things that either works or doesn't, straight away, so you immediately know if you have a problem.

(It seems less of an issue with the more recent DRL's, made in the last year or so.)