Donnigton Evening Session June 15

Valey80

Javelin are doing an evening session at Donnington for £129 pre WSCC discount - I'm thinking of making it my maiden Westfield Track Day. Any other takers??

A few of us are looking at the full day with MSV on the 2nd July if you'd rather.

I've booked the evening session and if I love it then MSV could well be a good follow up :-)

And July 20th... But if you do the evening have a great time it's a fab track..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I did the event and am pleased to say it was amazing!!!

The car held out brilliantly without any issues - although it's confirmed I do need to fit a swirl pot (any recommendations on the swirl pot and low pressure pump to go for on a 2.0 Zetec black top??), and was an absolute blast to drive.

I got consistently quicker over the course of the evening, and barring one tank slapper on the chicane into the start finish straight, I kept it on the track and hit some great lines.

Some of the equipment out there was crazy, including a bright orange Porsche 911 GT3 RS which was blisteringly quick, and lots of modified hot hatches that we just too quick (in the straights anyway!) to keep tabs on, but you'll be pleased to hear that the solitary Caterham out there I was able to run down and overtake :-)

As I say, quicker machines out there (mine's pulling around 170 bhp in a more road focussed car) but I didn't see many of them having as much fun.

And yes there were the mandatory kn*b heads on track with disregard for the safety briefing, overtaking where ever they wanted (including lunges down the inside as you turn in on the natural racing line) - but it was good to see a few of them beached in the sand, steam pouring from the engine bay!

I've certainly got the bug for more now - looking at other amendments I can make to the car - wide track front with ARB, swirl pot, damper settings and air pressures to fettle - then more power.....!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Glad you enjoyed it.. you're now on the slippery slope. :laugh: I'm still thinking about doing the MSV one at Donny July 2nd if you fancy a return visit.

Just out of interest.. I presume you had no noise issues? What size exhaust are you running and what do you rev the zetec to? 

Love to do Donnington but I’d just get kicked off for being too noisy.:down:

Clad you enjoyed it.

No noise issues at all - I have the Westfield exhaust - 2" I think, revving up to 7k

No one had an issue, but they did labour the point in the briefing that anyone breaking the limit would need to make 'mechanical changes' to be allowed back on which they basically said, you won't be let back on! Think it was an 89Db limit FYI

I will be looking at more dates to try some other places and would be good to be on a track with some similar cars and not feeling like a micro machine :-)

• Like 1

I did Donny last November (Mega S2000 with westfield carbon silencer) with no noise issues.

Donington's 98db drive by is really weird. I've known a few people having trouble with it.. but it's really hard to say who will trigger it and who wont. Last one I did, there were a couple of race BMWs absolutely screaming.. they sounded fantastic,  and loud! but apparently under the noise limit. A bike engine Legend had no trouble also..???

• Like 1