Upset neighbour

wizzer

3 hours ago, Ben (bunje) said:

cross reference your xmas cards with the hand writing

Xmas cards? WWWHHHOOO! :)

(Only relevant if you listen to Scott Mills ;) )

• Haha 2

Our miserable neighbour ( yes, he is an undertaker) , when we know he is in the garden, we put the Smiths on with Heaven Knows I am Miserable Now :d

• Haha 2

On 16/05/2018 at 11:08, CosKev said:

@Thrustyjust those 3 ltr BMW's are noisy even with a standard exhaust!

You can alter the cold start on them though via the touchscreen

:( I have an M4 issue, problem is its mine and you cant start it without sounding like your trying to wake people up! Interested to hear if you can turn off the "look at me" engine start procedure!

58 minutes ago, David_Thame said:

:( I have an M4 issue, problem is its mine and you cant start it without sounding like your trying to wake people up! Interested to hear if you can turn off the "look at me" engine start procedure!

They're probably not as loud on the outside as you think, as they likely play fake engine noise to the driver on the inside (unless it's been disabled). All modern M cars and even the Ford Focus RS, play fake engine noise to the driver via the speakers (including fake popping on the overrun). Then there's the Toyota GT86 which literately pipes and amplifies engine noise "mechanically" into the cabin via a diaphragm unit (which is known to fail).
Westfield do this by placing the exhaust next to the drivers ears :p

Having asked for pops and bangs on the overrun to be left in my engines map, I can’t really mock any of the production cars with their various noise piping and reproduction systems. :)

45 minutes ago, Lyonspride said:

They're probably not as loud on the outside as you think, as they likely play fake engine noise to the driver on the inside (unless it's been disabled). All modern M cars and even the Ford Focus RS, play fake engine noise to the driver via the speakers (including fake popping on the overrun). Then there's the Toyota GT86 which literately pipes and amplifies engine noise "mechanically" into the cabin via a diaphragm unit (which is known to fail).
Westfield do this by placing the exhaust next to the drivers ears :p

Trust me, The M4 is pretty loud !! 

3 hours ago, David_Thame said:

I don't know how he altered his,but he was shown it by BMW when bought car.

His was set at quite a fast idle,they do it to warm the engine faster for emissions etc,but you can alter it so it doesn't do it .

His is a M3 running the performance exhaust,he had it a couple of weeks before his Mrs said he needed to do something about it going out to work at 3am! :)

2 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Having asked for pops and bangs on the overrun to be left in my engines map, I can’t really mock any of the production cars with their various noise piping and reproduction systems. :)

Can happily mock the Golf R32/Audi RS3 though... that just has a wet fart every time it changes gear.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dommo said:

Can happily mock the Golf R32/Audi RS3 though... that just has a wet fart every time it changes gear.

I have it on my Octy VRS too - makes a very fake Max Power inside the cabin and rattles the trim, whilst outside people are peacefully and blissfully unaware of your F1 fantasises...  First thing is did was find the off switch!

Thanks for all the reply's guys. Im not to happy about it but i think im going to change the exhaust and link pipe ive spoke to matt at Simpson and its looking like 5 to 600 quid but he really needs the car and hes a long way away from me. I've sent an email to wunoff in Bradford last night see what they say. I don't want to upset any of my neighbours but i can't wait till 9am on a Sunday morning  so i can trip off out or have to be back home before a certain time. This way if anything happens at least i can say look I've tried my best to keep the noise down.

Tony

Very public spirited. Well done. You never know it might sound nicer :sun:

Wunoff are fantastic, really happy with mine. They made me a bespoke can to fit in the space I had and make it as quiet as possible for trackdays. 

• Thanks 1

Just a thought, JP  exhausts are in Macclesfield and a nice drive to get to. They do custom work, and made several, high quality jobs for me. They made a track special db reducer too.it took 6db off my noise. However for a more permanent solution they do anything they can fit in. Apparently they do McLaren system prototypes for them.

http://www.jpexhausts.co.uk. their website is not exciting but real, old school service and craftsmanship.

Cheers Jon 

• Thanks 1