ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY

bioman

This is probably posted in the wrong place however here goes.

Just over a couple of weeks ago the header tank failed on my SE. I put up on the forum that i was after a new or second hand one. Although I got some replies I sent of for a new one on Ebay. When I got the conformation of purchase it said delivery would be Monday 7th (yes I know a bank holiday). I was fortunate to be on holiday that week but needed the car for Saturday 13th. I then had whilst in Lanzarote an email saying that the new header was going to be despatched from Germany on Tuesday 8th. What to do?????

Well I got a message from Julie Hall ( AO Peak District ) saying she was at Stoneleigh, had seen a header on the jumble stall, not only that she had put it in the back of her car. Did I want it? A pal of mine picked it up from her and by the time I got back last Thursday the header had been fitted and the car was ready for the charity run on the Saturday. Many thanks WSCC but in particular Julie Hall for going "above and beyond the call of duty".

BTW the header turned up but wasn't quite the correct fitting.

BIOMAN

• Like 9

Thats impressive but how did Julie get into your garage? :getmecoat:

9 minutes ago, terry everall said:

Thats impressive but how did Julie get into your garage? :getmecoat:

Committee members are endowed with many special powers, they may seem strange to some, but it's all perfectly normal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Julie gave the tank my garage man at Stoneleigh and he fitted it at his garage where the car was stored. Sorry I didn't make it clear.

Bioman

You are very welcome @bioman but thanks has to go to @marcusb too. Great team work.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Julie Hall - AO Representative, Peak District AO said:

You are very welcome @bioman but thanks has to go to @marcusb too. Great team work.

result ! :yes: