One more suggestion, these https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/anti-fatigue-foam-floor-tiles-pk6/?da=1&TC=GS-051817000&gclid=CjwKCAjw8_nXBRAiEiwAXWe2yQndtaklBQ-Ocw8uFogcGTTnft0w7ZUGyDMV11wCNm98vUS38sdWORoClsQQAvD_BwE

I've done my whole garage but if you want to save cost,just buy a pack of six and move them to where you are lying or standing. 

Makes a real difference for fatigue and stops cold feet or body when working at a bench. 

Makes it great to work in your garage. 

Cheers Jon 

C:ww: from sunny Somerset. Good choice in joining the club, loads of friendly, experienced advice available via the forum.

As said a build thread with photos is really worthwhile. Helped me enormously on my build.

You may face a few challenges, but one thing to remember: enjoy the build!

Ok, drilling holes in the bodywork, the scariest part of the build?!

I have a got a range of the wood cutting drills bits with the centred point. 

Anyone recommend a stepped cone drill for drilling the larger holes through the bodywork? or an alternative tool?

Been searching amazon but with so many different items and prices, I myself what thought needed I everything knew confused maybe!!!! hah!

help

thanks, do you know what max size I would likely need, seen them up to 35m dia. ?

I know the larger holes say the fuel cap are chain drilled/sanded to size

Off to Dudley tomorrow for a factory visit and test drive, will be taking lots of photos, any advice on what else to do/ look out for?

Just take a bucket load of photo's of any cars in ensemble and pay attention to things like pipe and wire loom runs, and say hi to Ian for me's a great contact that you will need moving forward.

Factory visit complete.

Mrs introduced to Westy’s,  100% approval gained.

Loads of build photos taken.

Simon did his ‘thing’ and convinced me to add £500 of ‘stuff’ to the order.

My 1st drive of Westy done.

Still Smiling!!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, BugMan said:

Good news, up-sold you on what then?

Upgraded brakes and carbon look stone guards

Yeah, it did make sense to get todays upgrades. Especially, after my drive and getting a feel for the brakes. BTW, ya 250 looks mint! (1st class build blog too) 

If you're going to splash out on anything, brakes should be top of the list. The car should always be able to stop more than it can start!

• Like 2