Lunch with a difference after Curborough Breakfast Meet Sat 12 May

Julie Hall - WSCC AO Representative

Unfortunately I’m not going to make it, I’m already going out in the afternoon so won’t have time.

Andy

Oh dam it. Spent 6 hours in A&E today. My knee is worse than at Stoneleigh. Will have to see how it is in the morning :(

• Sad 1

Fingers crossed you can make it, sorry to have missed you at Stoneleigh, but bad sciatica meant I could only manage the Sunday. Get well soon though, regardless!

and now I'm back on for curborough:nope:.....my attendance changes daily stay awake :p

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

See you later then!

Shame! See you next time.

Fogs gone now, leaving shortly!

See you all circa 10:30

2 hopes of getting in and out of Mrs P today. 

Bob hope and no hope :(

Enjoy

• Sad 1

A great big thank you today to Trevor and Ian for fitting their Westfield life in between all their other family commitments, it was great to see you both. As it was Stuart, Dave, Martin and Sue, Dave and Sylvia in the Westfields, Paul in the VX and Michael from the Burton Car Club with his Dino. What a great turn out, commiserations to those that could not quite make it, there is always next time.

Down in the paddock things were very slow and Matthew had only had 1 practice run on a slightly slippy track, so we never got to see him in action. 

The Zetec boys and the Honda boys

DSC04017.JPG

Not a bad car park

DSC04024.JPG

Dave and Sylvia arrived to show us their new Omex Throttle Bodies that they are very impressed at, very impressed. Dave told us that although it only gave him 25 more hp, it was the increase in torque that made the power difference and he changed gear less now too. (2 litre Zetec)

DSC04031.JPG

I need to be a bit girly for a moment, he had lovely seats with matching green piping, not that I am jealous, no, not at all :p

DSC04032.JPG

I booked us a train carriage for lunch at 1.15pm and off we went, diverting round for a bit of the wiggly tarmac, to arrive at the restaurant.

DSC04033.JPG

The view out of the train window was quite a good one

DSC04038.JPG

Dave excitedly told us about his build as we ate our meals, these stories need writing down and publishing, it's the bits that don't quite go to plan that are the best bits. Otherwise it would simply be, once upon a time I bought a kit, knocked it together and IVA'd it, the end.

The stationary train

DSC04041.JPG

After lunch we took to some more nice roads, cough, yes Mr Eastwood, had our fun and arrived at our very favourite Hulme End for some of the home baked sugary stuff. This one was a new recipe with plums and custard in a sweet pastry served with cream. 

DSC04045.JPG

Al fresco dining overlooking the cars, a perfect end to a perfect day, thank you to everyone for making today fantastic :love:

DSC04042.JPG

• Like 5

What a great looking day. Best be careful eating as much as you do, you'll be asking the factory for a kit pod soon !! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thrustyjust said:

What a great looking day. Best be careful eating as much as you do, you'll be asking the factory for a kit pod soon !! 

Programmed to autonomously drive from cake shop to cake shop knowing us!

• Haha 1

This is where I incorrectly thought we'd be dining: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g504159-d1890841-Reviews-The_Spotgate_Inn-Stone_Staffordshire_England.html

There are some nice roads around it too.