mazda svd handling and turning circle

sparkyj83

1 minute ago, DamperMan said:

Off topic..   great choice of vehicles... Westfield, T3(T25) and a BMW 3-Series ..SNAP

God no not mine next doors , i have a vito and audi s3 :laugh:

7 minutes ago, maurici said:

Im not the sdv guru... but i know something about mx5 and cooling systems. May you expansion tank be a bit too low? Mx5 engine is pretty straightforward filling, and actually it doesnt needs any massive ammount of height differential to have it filled.

Is there any particular instalation in the turbo or water/oil exchanger?

Is there any pronounced "U" shape in the cooling system? And if so... could you get rid of it?

i had to move the top pipe into a long u ish shape to move down around the turbo not that much i can do about it , i could make a extra pipe to lift up the header tank while running it up 

1 hour ago, sparkyj83 said:

got another question seen as your the svd guru ,ive got a air lock in my system and its proving to be a right pig to get rid off as im seen high water temp when i give it a blast any ideas

?  Thanks 

What coolant temps are you seeing?

What intercooler/rad set up are you using? Radtec, Coolex or something else?

1 hour ago, Gary (KugaWestie) - North Oxfordshire AO said:

What coolant temps are you seeing?

What intercooler/rad set up are you using? Radtec, Coolex or something else?

Was seen up to 110 running a radtec rad and intercooler combo

My guess is the classic car company set up your suspension for a much heavier car,  our Westfield need a more supple set up. You can't do worse and go through Paul's basic set up. On http://westfield-world.com/suspension.html

start with the chassis ride height, you can do this youself, and have a read at the rest.   The Protechs shockers will be fine, good all rounders but don't turn the adjusters to high/stiff. Also tyre pressure should be in the ball park 15 to 20,lbs. adjust to suit. 

Widetrack will help your turning circle but buy the Westfield kit about £300 to £400 depending on the current discounts available.

ARB's need to light or tubular and not under stress when the car is static.

Have a read on the club FAQ'S about wishbone bushes.

All the stuff above can be done yourself with no special tools, good luck.

Ah, you must be the latest guy through Skuzzle :d

Anti roll bar - the Playskool widetrack one fits:

I just need to de-photobucket the photos!

I've got the same radiator/intercooler combo as you and can't get above 95 degrees during 30 minute track sessions. Is there any ducting at all? That's supposed to help. No personal experience of that though as I've got the FW front end which is a bit tighter.

In terms of bleeding, I've always found the setup self bleeding. From replacing the coolant, I'll need to top up the header tank once or twice and it will be stable from there.

23 hours ago, sparkyj83 said:

The other thing is the turning circle is a joke my van turns tighter , there must be a way of sorting this ?

Ha, you should have tried the XI, there are oil tankers with tighter turning circles.

2 hours ago, Dommo said:

Ah, you must be the latest guy through Skuzzle :d

Anti roll bar - the Playskool widetrack one fits:

I just need to de-photobucket the photos!

I've got the same radiator/intercooler combo as you and can't get above 95 degrees during 30 minute track sessions. Is there any ducting at all? That's supposed to help. No personal experience of that though as I've got the FW front end which is a bit tighter.

In terms of bleeding, I've always found the setup self bleeding. From replacing the coolant, I'll need to top up the header tank once or twice and it will be stable from there.

skuzzeld indeed lol may i ask how you ran the lower pipe its that i feel might be the problem as its a long u shape iron mine down low then along right low under the turbo the back up  i just can't figure it out 

IMG_4672 2.JPG

IMG_8330 2.JPG

IMG_9938 2.JPG

Here's my original coolant setup

https://mazdafield.wordpress.com/2012/01/22/test-fitting-coolant-pipes/

https://mazdafield.wordpress.com/2012/02/25/rest-of-the-cooling-pipework/

And this is how I adjusted it for the turbo

https://mazdafield.wordpress.com/2015/06/11/more-coolant-progress-and-inlet-manifold-cleaning/

My engine is out at the moment so let me know if you need any particular photos of the coolant run