Taxing a motor that you have forgotten to tax/SORN

Howsafe Workwear and Safety Equipment

Hi all

The show sort of gave me some inspiration to have a look at the Spyder project again - however a number of years ago I either lost/forgot/didnt get the vehicle tax reminder to SORN the vehicle.

So for a good many years the vehicle has been untaxed/SORN'd (zero cost anyway)

How do I go about getting it to SORN/Taxed status again?

Anyone have any experience of this issue?

Thanks

Clark

Just do it. It's the best advice I can give, I had the same with SORN on the Midget logbook I was using for the XI and it came back no problem. But the DVLA are a law unto themselves. I don't really think you can do anything else other than declare it and see what happens.

I forget when the rules changed but historically SORN only lasted a year after which it had to be renewed or taxed.

in more recent times you only have to SORN once and it stays SORN until taxed or sold. You won't get an annual tax reminder while on SORN.

what does gov.uk say the current tax status is?

Last time this happened to me I got a fine. It was about 40 quid if I remember correctly. No biggy, but just as annoying as any other minor fine :oops:

thanks guys

well that was easy - as said there is nothing to do - I went to sorn it, entered the vehicle reg and 11 digit number off v5c and it gave below message

So all I will need to do when complete (don't ask) :laugh: is to get an MOT then tax it :sun:

Capture.PNG

Good news

However better news your thinking of cracking on with it. I read your blog one night at work and was gutted when id got to the end and it wasn't finished.

Get building!!

Now you've sorted the SORN issue should I call Tata Steel to warn them about an imminent and substantial order for steel tube sometime soon? :getmecoat:

• Haha 1

Tube !! Your kidding nothing they fancy - box section it is :d

• Like 1

Pleased to hear you’re going to restart the Spyder project Cleggy, long overdue, can’t wait to see the results. :)

• Like 1

Must watch out for stock market prices,  buy some British Steel,  could soon be back in business :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

I love the looks of those Spyders, really keen to see the project spark back into life. 

Looking forward to it, so much so, I’ll even try not to take the mickey over how much steel you ordered ;)