Flush mounting Areocatches

BugMan

29 minutes ago, Sycho said:

I think the plus flush fit to the face of the bonnet & the flush fit from the rear, there’s not really enough flat area to fit the face fitting ones.

Thanks, so I need the flush fit?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Insuranceman

• Andy (Sycho)

• BugMan

• Thrustyjust

1 hour ago, Insuranceman said:

Thanks, so I need the flush fit?

Yes the ones that look like this.

BE40AAB0-F681-4CCC-A535-1439C9DFEF95.thumb.jpeg.5bd143c40f978eb0c7a89de14e0a2860.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Insuranceman said:

Your bonnetlocating blocks are different to mine and have you put a rubber seal between the side panel and the bonnet?

Where did you purchase the bonnets catches from and are there only one type?

I used self adhesive foam between the side panel and the bonnet to tidy the area up.   I bought my catches from JJC Race and Rally - their service was fine. 

2 hours ago, RX05 said:

I used self adhesive foam between the side panel and the bonnet to tidy the area up.   I bought my catches from JJC Race and Rally - their service was fine. 

I'll get some, it looks good.

+1 for JJC have just been positioning on the side panels with marking tape.

For us 250 builders think we also need to remove big chunks of the locating blocks on both sides, but the driver side is far mor difficult as the fly by wire mount is in the way, but also adds a convent mounting.  Passenger sid will require a bracket.

For me I had the advantage of being able to see under the bonnet as I had my scuttle off yet again

Big Thanks to all for all the contributions

On 19 May 2018 at 17:05, RX05 said:

RX05 what thickness and width was the self adhesive foam?

The foam I used was 50mm x 1mm thick.  I had originally used 3mm but it was too thick.    If you search on Ebay for ‘EVA single side sponge foam 1mm’  you will find it.   I wasn’t sure about ordering from Hong Kong ( there dont seem to be any uk sellers) but delivery was fine. 

Quick update

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ok, now that’s out of my system, I set about fixing my Aercatches yesterday night, the first one went in fine, small beed of fixing around the lip of the catch, fitter to the bonnet all ok.

Second one started the beed and notice one of the tubes of the 2 part adhesive was coming out of the back of the pack, but carried on.  Catch applied etc then had to go out.

Thinking this through while out, I wondered to myself if the gooo coming out of the 2 part adhesive pack meant the applied mix was in fact just 1 part, so got home and after putting the shopping away carefully checked first catch - all ok, 2nd catch came off in my hand 

So removed 2nd catch and cleaned off the 1-part gooo.

Back to eBay supplier to raise complaint, so now stuck waiting for more 2-part glue