Stoneleigh thanks

keirik

A big thank you to all the team and volunteers. A great show from the Westfield members, around 160 cars on Sunday, the weather definitely made it. It was very nice not to wake up damp in the morning. I got home at half past 7 tonight and after a shower and some food that wasn't from a pig now looking forward to a nice soft bed. 

Let's hope next year is just as good. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

now looking forward to a nice soft bed. 

And now I'm in it! !!!

• Like 2

I would like to add to the thanks for a well run WSCC stand. After many years of walking up and down the line of Westfields today I drove my own there are parked on Westfield Avenue. 

The 4 years of building, making things fit that didn’t fit and waiting for parts have all been worthwhile. Driving their in the sun today was brilliant.

Everyone I met on the stand was friendly and helpful. Now, work permitting I must try and get to the local meets.

Can’t wait for next year.

• Like 2

Just a few comments... 

#1 Everyone said the number of stands was down. It was... but I asked if they'd bought anything and they said yes, they had found just what they were looking for. Me? I found just what I was looking for plus some refillable spray bottles for next to nothing plus a low entry jack for £10! There were lots and lots and just need the oil changing as they'd put in the wrong stuff. They have Hilka badging so should be fine. 

#2 Agree about compressing the halls. 

#3 We need to move the Speed Series display for next year. Have already suggested to Panda that we should have a small marquee, just one full-on race car and a full list of all our sponsors. The sponsors should be available for a 'chat' about what they do. 

#4 I kinda don't care but why are the Cobras just scattered around the show. They should have a collective stand IMO. 

Just like to echo the comments, first time to the show for me and a worthwhile drive down from bonny Scotland....the weather was great and the WSCC stand was well turned out...met a few of the members and thanks to Dave for showing me his setup for the steering wheel controls and Mike for bringing a freewheel kit....winter project I'm thinking...I had a go in the Westfield drifting which was top class and came home with the boot of the full of goodies...well done to all...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1