Stoneleigh thanks

keirik

Just wanted to say thanks to all the organisers and volunteers for all the hard work and putting such a huge club area together.

Didn't speak to many as I don't know anyone being new, but hope that changes by next year!

Thanks again

• Like 8

All you have to do is walk up to someone and introduce yourself, you may find a friend for life, we were all newbies once upon a time.:t-up:

• Like 4

No rush and no worries. Not planning on selling it and everyone was busy. Didny want to interrupt. Great to see so many cool cars and everyone different.

• Like 1

I would like to second that, what a day and what a selection of cars! I even got to see buttercup :nope:

You all did a smashing job, my nipper loved being thrown around in the Westfield around the track. 

I even purchased so wind deflector'from the auto jumble (thank you Steve who ever you are) Already fitted. 

Thank you

IMG_20180506_193232.jpg

• Like 3

^^^ seconded!

What a fantastic club, so many friendly folk! Excellent organising!

Very much appreciated.

Andy

• Like 2

I agree the day was great thanks to everyone who were involved in organising the club event. Lots of good looking cars and friendly people.

I just wished I could of stayed for the bonnet off but needed to leave early.

First meet I've been too and had a great time.

• Like 1

Just to add my thanks to the organising committee and all who have helped out at Stoneleigh. :yes:

Unfortunately I was only able to stay for a short time on Sunday.

Took this photo at approx. 11am and there were still cars arriving.

I'm sure Monday will be just as good if not better!

P1020125.JPG

• Like 2

Excellent turnout Sunday and I think the best weather and biggest crowds I can remember seeing

hopefully the same weather is on order for the clubs big shelsley event in June 

David 

Agreed, what a fantastic day, and I don't know how they do it, but the Stoneleigh team and the volunteers surpassed themselves this year. Amazing, just amazing.

I'd just like to echo the praise for the Stoneleigh team too. This was my first visit and (after working out what was what) felt very welcome. It was by far and away the best club stand at the show (by some distance). Fantastic effort, thanks. I'll be there to lend a hand next year.

Being honest here, the WSCC area completely dwarfs any effort put in by all of the rest of the show. Was good to catch up with people, although I didnt stay long , as had to sort mini TJ's birthday today and sorry I missed some. Was disappointed in the show itself, with lots of empty areas. Its not a good sign in the long term scheme of things sadly. I suspect the show may disappear in not too distant future. But that doesnt stop the club from carrying on with an annual event  and make it (somehow considering how organised it is) bigger and better somewhere else. Well done to all involved in making it the success it is.

• Like 1

Sorry didn’t get longer to chat yesterday TJ, hadn’t long arrived, so was still trying to sort myself out :blush: (takes a while these days); I did come looking later, but couldn’t find you.

Hope the birthday went well.

it felt like overall numbers were up all round on previous years; the club stands that were there, seemed more active and had more of a buzz to them, I’m not sure if there were as many as recent events,

But the exhibitor stands looked considerably down again on last year; big spaces in hall 2 and hall 3(?) despite efforts to disguise it with a side filled with garden tables and chairs and a food stand looked to be at least 30/40% down on previous events.

Yet the manufacturers that were there all seemed to have a really good buzz and plenty of people.

The show is still fantastic, if you’re going for the annual catchup and reunion with old friends, equally it’s great if you want to go and look at customer cars, or the “big” kit/parts/accessory suppliers. It’s a shame it doesn’t really show the depth and breadth of the industry anymore though.

I guess in the days of the internet, eBay, Amazon et al, it’s going to take a fundamental shake up of the way these shows are run to try and break the cycle of diminishing stands. I wonder if it’s going to even take something radical, like introducing a (reduced) fee for kit car drivers, on the condition that fees for exhibitors have a corresponding reduction, to encourage more along?

However, let’s not detract from what a fabulous event, and jewel in the crown it is, for those owners clubs that our the effort in and whose members give such an amazing response, not just volunteering, but just coming to say hello and visit. Let’s not forget, no matter how magnificent a job the helpers and team do, we wouldn’t have much of a show without those hoards of Westfields and their owners convoying down from all over the country (and abroad), so well done and thank you to EVERYONE that comes along, in whatever capacity.

Dave, I had only just arrived also, but you are always a busy chap at these events, so we will proper catch up one day.:t-up:

Thanks to the club for having a cape to buy, I am just trying to find out how to fit it now.

20180507_140711.thumb.jpg.c865590a6ddcc0cfbb1ece4aa51edc2b.jpg

• Like 1

The cape front corners tuck down under the front corners of the side screens.

There’s a loop stitched in either side that falls just in front of the rear arches normally. I attached a length of shock cord to one loop, and a carabina at the other end of the cord. Then I can just sling it under the car and clip it on to the second loop. Helps keep it tight over the centre of the car.

Another tip, use a brolly or something stodd up in the middle of the car to raise the centre of the cover, tent style. It helps keep the size of swimming pool that forms in the middle over a rainy night, down to manageable proportions!

:) catch you at the next one! :yes:

A MASSIVE thank you to the organising team for such a well run event that was very, very enjoyable. WELL DONE EVERYONE.

• Like 4