Petition to sign

thebutler

Signed - I think there should be a route by which such vehicles or parts of them can be saved if they are worthy of saving.

Agree completely. 

I was once working at an airfield where scrappage vehicles were being stored, so many classics and future classics gone to waste.

Petition Signed

Forgot to reply, signed it this morning.

Yes all done. Remember this from practical classics magazine. Save the Austin maestro. Someone needs to.however I did see one in the jaguar heritage collection not far from an Iso Grifo.:sun:

Not so sure that I agree with this. Far too much law (regardless of political party) telling what we can and can't do with our own possessions. And who is to say what is or isn't a historic (or classic) car? Maybe many would consider an MG Midget, or Austin Healey Sprite to be historic or classic, so where would that leave someone looking for a suitable donor vehicle for their Westfield XI kit? And if I owned, say, a historic car of a particular make and model, and found another one in damaged condition, I might want to scrap the second one and salvage parts off it to maintain the first one. Such a law might make that a criminal offence.

Just my take on it of course.

Like saying let's not protect the Bengal Tiger as someone might want to make a rug out of one? :p