SE FW ZETEC - New member/New build

tc3nitro

As long as the mounting hols are clear, and have enough space for the fixings you should be OK

• Like 1
  • Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tc3nitro

• BugMan

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

• Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another update tonight : My plate turned up, although I’m not that pleased with the spacing but it’s now legal!  Well sort of as I’ve not got a front plate nor am I planning on fitting one.

It’s alive ! Startup Video

Great but the traffic was aweful ! Just finished unloading and having some pizza ! here are the Pictures :  

Posted Images

On mine the bracket across the center roughly in the middle has 2 holes that "can" be used to mount the rear of the gearbox, depending on the spacing on the rear of the gearbox mounting. 

In my case I had to drill 2 new holes anyway as the 2 in the cross bracket were a long way out for the Mazda 5 speed gearbox I had.  I originally had my 2 brake pipes very close together, and had not even noticed the pipes ran over the hole on one side, but fortunately somebody spotted my mistake and I was able to move one of the to clear the hole, so just trying to re-pay the favor.

If you have a look at my build about 1/2 way down AdgeC spots my mistake as above that you can see i had my pipes very close together

And then after spaced out a bit.

Hope that helps explain? :westy:

tc3nitro

It appears that I am missing the driveshaft bolts.

I best give WF a call in the morning !

3 hours ago, BugMan said:

On mine the bracket across the center roughly in the middle has 2 holes that "can" be used to mount the rear of the gearbox, depending on the spacing on the rear of the gearbox mounting. 

In my case I had to drill 2 new holes anyway as the 2 in the cross bracket were a long way out for the Mazda 5 speed gearbox I had.  I originally had my 2 brake pipes very close together, and had not even noticed the pipes ran over the hole on one side, but fortunately somebody spotted my mistake and I was able to move one of the to clear the hole, so just trying to re-pay the favor.

If you have a look at my build about 1/2 way down AdgeC spots my mistake as above that you can see i had my pipes very close together

And then after spaced out a bit.

Hope that helps explain? :westy:

perfect I’ve put that on the list for tomorrow night, thanks again !

tc3nitro

Coming from years of build various radio controlled models I am so disappointed in the manual and the general order that things are packed in.

Ironic background, same as myself, think yourself lucky the 250 has f-all to go on, still.......................

• Like 1
Peter (Monty)

I would put the throttle pedal bolt through the other way (inboard to out). Otherwise once you put the side panel on it might not be possible to remove it.

• Like 1
tc3nitro
6 hours ago, Peter (Monty) said:

I would put the throttle pedal bolt through the other way (inboard to out). Otherwise once you put the side panel on it might not be possible to remove it.

Great advice I’ll change that now !

tc3nitro

Does anyone have any setup advice regarding the Toe and Camber with the length of the rose joints ?

I would like to sort of get this right whilst I’m at this stage and have to take the hubs off again.

Adge Cutler- Dorset AO
12 minutes ago, tc3nitro said:

Does anyone have any setup advice regarding the Toe and Camber with the length of the rose joints ?

I would like to sort of get this right whilst I’m at this stage and have to take the hubs off again.

Making good progress.

Whist I admire your intent, would respectfully suggest you get the car built at full weight, on the ground, then look at setting up initial suspension geometry! It is affected by ride height, and it will settle as the build progresses.

Cant really see from phot angle, but make sure you have adequate (believe it's usually 2) threads protruding from the locknut on the brake pedal pivot.

• Like 1
tc3nitro

It appears I did have the driveshaft bolts after all ! They were in the rear upright fixings bag. Thanks to Ian at WF.