SE FW ZETEC - New member/New build

tc3nitro

tc3nitro
44 minutes ago, BugMan said:

Have a look at this bit of my build, does this help with what your looking for?

I couldn’t see anything that coresponds to the issue I have.

I am missing the 2 x 30mm M8 bolts, nuts and washers.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tc3nitro

• BugMan

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

• Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another update tonight : My plate turned up, although I’m not that pleased with the spacing but it’s now legal!  Well sort of as I’ve not got a front plate nor am I planning on fitting one.

It’s alive ! Startup Video

Great but the traffic was aweful ! Just finished unloading and having some pizza ! here are the Pictures :  

Posted Images

Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

Definitely cracking on with it. We'll have to have a group meeting just like we did with Steve, @BugMan

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tc3nitro said:

I couldn’t see anything that coresponds to the issue I have.

I am missing the 2 x 30mm M8 bolts, nuts and washers.

Would that be the K nut's I had to use?

Like a thin locking nut to fit on the cylinder flange ?

tc3nitro

If you look at the pictures below my master cylinder attaches to where you have fitted the two blanking plates. I only have one blanking plate for the clutch side.

I hope this makes sense :-

B70778BA-CDAA-47F6-9041-F4247AAFD34B.jpeg

FD774EFF-ED1F-4408-809A-675EAC6293C7.jpeg

Gary Taylor - Scotland AO

There’s no stopping you now :d keep going, nice work 

wow you are catching me up already.   Looking good. If you have the mazda diff like me, it might be worth trial fitting the top and bottom diff brackets and check clearance for the fuel line going to the right ( will be going to left when turned right way up), looks like you may be a bit close to the diff like I was, moved fuel line further to right ( inverted) to make sure I could fit rubber fuel pipe on later.

tc3nitro
1 hour ago, Two7 said:

wow you are catching me up already.   Looking good. If you have the mazda diff like me, it might be worth trial fitting the top and bottom diff brackets and check clearance for the fuel line going to the right ( will be going to left when turned right way up), looks like you may be a bit close to the diff like I was, moved fuel line further to right ( inverted) to make sure I could fit rubber fuel pipe on later.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll make that one of the next jobs.

Managed to get the loom laid out to a very loose fit, does anyone have any pictures of the loom fitted as the manual is poor in this area. 

634EC29F-3314-4A27-998A-EDA4F6A0AF5C.jpeg

9AF2DA12-2E67-4077-A1B0-FA77AB5BFDC0.jpeg

• Like 2
Steve Smith - AO Hampshire And Isle Of Wight

Great progress. I did not fit my wiring loom until I had the diff fitted so you can check the route/clearance in the diff area.Have a look at my build for pictures.

tc3nitro
18 minutes ago, Steve Smith - AO Hampshire And Isle Of Wight said:

Great progress. I did not fit my wiring loom until I had the diff fitted so you can check the route/clearance in the diff area.Have a look at my build for pictures.

Thanks

Rich201060

Heres a couple of mine showing the routing at the rear, I haven't got any decent ones of the front but theres plenty on here if you have a good look.

P1020415.thumb.JPG.fd81528c371f3b2fd85075ad1e44f094.JPGP1020455.thumb.JPG.4d3f4b81664991461e28580e721f984c.JPG

Just check on your pipe runs down the tunnel that you have clearance to bolt up the rear gearbox?

I got caught on that and had to move it a little.

Otherwise, WOW what fast work, very good.

tc3nitro
12 hours ago, BugMan said:

Just check on your pipe runs down the tunnel that you have clearance to bolt up the rear gearbox?

I got caught on that and had to move it a little.

Otherwise, WOW what fast work, very good.

How could I check this without actually fitting the gearbox ?