• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tc3nitro

• BugMan

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

• Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another update tonight : My plate turned up, although I’m not that pleased with the spacing but it’s now legal!  Well sort of as I’ve not got a front plate nor am I planning on fitting one.

It’s alive ! Startup Video

Great but the traffic was aweful ! Just finished unloading and having some pizza ! here are the Pictures :  

Posted Images

tc3nitro

E4405EDD-6744-470C-9AFA-B9A6415D013D.thumb.jpeg.2b0f1a4474b1d33c0b0c6c82dee700ca.jpegGreat but the traffic was aweful !

Just finished unloading and having some pizza !

here are the Pictures :

860196DD-B8FB-46BD-A3F1-A8BCF538ED3B.jpeg

548FFC55-3348-4BEA-8B6B-085DC1481378.jpeg

E6817872-641F-4434-9D03-1E98A948F507.jpeg

C2DC483B-143D-4A74-BC86-7B0DA9C000BE.jpeg

1F516CDD-1161-42D7-A6B8-D4759D4798DD.jpeg

5F2CC81C-5CDC-4AE7-B64B-A151CF6B5162.jpeg

F76BD8CE-052F-4DCD-913F-201F1797768C.jpeg

C55BCE51-9783-4F20-8C73-D949CF1A3838.jpeg

• Like 7
Dean Goodall

Good to see some photos showing how it all fits in the van. Long day I bet? Bet your looking forward to unboxing and sorting out all the parts

tc3nitro

I’m going to crack on with the panels tomorrow to try gain some space back.

I can’t wait to get stuck in !

Great to see your making good progress on the panels, are you intending to spray through the holes with some form of cavity way like this stuff?

DINITROL 3125 CAVITY WAX 500ml AEROSOL SPRAY CAN with 90mm Extension straw nozzle

https://www.amazon.co.uk/REJEL-DINITROL-CAVITY-AEROSOL-Extension/dp/B00743GDL6/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1529152466&sr=8-7&keywords=DINITROL+3125+CAVITY+WAX

I picked up this idea from Dave and have "religiously" sprayed inside all the holes in the chassis as i went, with the intention of hoping to keep the dreaded rust away as much as possible, sure its available from most of the suppliers we regularly use, not trying to suggest Amazon is the best, just easy.

I would also do a bit of "forward" thinking at this point, makes sure the stud and bolts for the peddles fit through the mounting plates as its a nunney to do with the floor in-place.  

Also i switched to P50 over the supplied silicon sealant after advice on the forum, and which I had used that from the start as the silicon strings as bit after its dried and squeezed out between the joints.

tc3nitro
1 hour ago, BugMan said:

Great to see your making good progress on the panels, are you intending to spray through the holes with some form of cavity way like this stuff?

DINITROL 3125 CAVITY WAX 500ml AEROSOL SPRAY CAN with 90mm Extension straw nozzle

https://www.amazon.co.uk/REJEL-DINITROL-CAVITY-AEROSOL-Extension/dp/B00743GDL6/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1529152466&sr=8-7&keywords=DINITROL+3125+CAVITY+WAX

I picked up this idea from Dave and have "religiously" sprayed inside all the holes in the chassis as i went, with the intention of hoping to keep the dreaded rust away as much as possible, sure its available from most of the suppliers we regularly use, not trying to suggest Amazon is the best, just easy.

I would also do a bit of "forward" thinking at this point, makes sure the stud and bolts for the peddles fit through the mounting plates as its a nunney to do with the floor in-place.  

Also i switched to P50 over the supplied silicon sealant after advice on the forum, and which I had used that from the start as the silicon strings as bit after its dried and squeezed out between the joints.

Thanks for the heads up !

i am using a form or carbond for the panels not the supplied silicon.

i have waxoyl’d the holes as I went.

tc3nitro

Does anyone know where I might find the nuts and bolts for the master cylinder?

It is the next think on my build and I can’t find the b*******s anywhere !

To be honest, I found a lot of the screw/nut etc. in differing packages so although a screw pack may say it's XYZ but actually find odd screws in all sorts of different packages.  

It was suggested to me early in my build to put ALL the fixings into a single pot or something, which I dismissed as a crazy idea at the time. but actually as time went on I found parts of required screws in all sorts of strange other packages and ended up putting then all in a large tub, thanks TJ.

I can only suggest to go through EVERY bag you have, photo them and then put them in new larger zip bags so I at least had a record of every nut and bolt you had.  The bags are a bit generic from WF IMHO so it might have a few, what look like extras, which might not be relevant to the description on the original bag, or for the section you are following in the manual.

When you say master cylinder are you talking about bolting the cylinders to the bulkhead?

Here is an eMail from Mark for what I'm thinking your after, but this was the Sport 250 so I have a fly-by-wire throttle

• Hi Steve
  •                The stud is used for the clutch pedal.
  • In hydraulic format you can only fit the stud fixing as there's no room to fit a bolt in the lower mount position.
  • For this reason a single stud is supplied in the kit for the clutch pedal fitment.
  • A 55mm length bolt is used for the brake pedal fitment.
  • In the pedal kit there should be sufficient nylocs and washers to fit the above system.
  • If you do not have these Ian can send these through to you in the post but they should be parts of the fixing, pedal fit kit as per the BOM.
  • Please advise once you have checked again and copy Ian into the return mail for his reference.
  •  
  • I hope the above clarifies things.
  •  
  • Kind regards Mark
  •  
  • Mark Walker

Hope this might help?

Steve Smith - AO Hampshire And Isle Of Wight

Mine where missing so Ian sent me some.

Have a look at this bit of my build, does this help with what your looking for?

tc3nitro

Thanks for the comments....

The thought of putting all the fixings in one tray did cross my mind earlier today.

I may just sort all the fixings into corresponding sizes and not locations tomorrow.