• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tc3nitro

• BugMan

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

• Adge Cutler- Dorset AO

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another update tonight : My plate turned up, although I’m not that pleased with the spacing but it’s now legal!  Well sort of as I’ve not got a front plate nor am I planning on fitting one.

It’s alive ! Startup Video

Great but the traffic was aweful ! Just finished unloading and having some pizza ! here are the Pictures :  

Posted Images

tc3nitro

Today’s progress:

mounted a couple of powder extinguishers at either side of the garage, tidied up my workbench and tested the air riveter.

CFF3EB64-78D5-4BB8-A4A6-1D09AEC1D292.jpeg

17D6B9F3-7442-403E-8337-03C3EC880E75.jpeg

Thrustyjust

Liking the social seating for people to sit and watch. Can see a kettle, but no beer fridge or music. Other than that , carpets good for kneeling on, but rubbish for getting drill swarf out of. Getting there though :t-up:

tc3nitro

I have a spare Garmin Virb XE action camera that I’m going to use in the car when I’m finished.

Having found a mounting point in the corner of my garage and I think I am going to try to do a time lapse of my build. 

I just need to remember to turn the camera on every time I go into the garage now !

BugMan

Nice setup, I’d recommend a bench vice if you can squeeze one in?

tc3nitro
48 minutes ago, BugMan said:

Nice setup, I’d recommend a bench vice if you can squeeze one in?

I have one ready just not attached to the bench yet !

Here is a sample picture from the camera setup :

0BF0FCB1-4E15-44B8-A873-F070B5FBDC81.jpeg

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Welcome, I am Pedestrian as well and I have been asking a lot of very obvious questions.  I collected my Zetec kit in mid march and my garage is about same size as yours, so far it fits OK, but it is a pain inverting the chassis in the tight space suggest you carry it out invert then bring back in, thats what we do.  My engine is trapped at the back of the garage til I get the wheels on and can push the rolling chassis out.  Not rushing through this build so you may overtake me, who knows.  However hope you can learn from my experiences I have a build diary on the go as well.   So far the biggest pain has been the very small brake pipe that goes from master cylinder to T union.  Top tip get some bendy garden ties make a template.  3/4 through brake pipes just doing back end.   Top Tip treble check what brake master cylinder you have purchased, manual repeatedly mentions cutting of 10mm from push rod, don't do it unless you have the dark grey aluminium performance cylinder, you have to pay extra for that even if you bought the performance brake package, confusing.

tc3nitro

Thanks for the heads up on the brake pipe. I’ve ordered some of the green garden wire stuff to help with mock ups.

I’ll have a look through your build when I get chance.

I want mine finished for April 2019.

• 2 weeks later...
Dean Goodall

Are you collecting in a van? Tail lift? I was advised to ensure the van had no wheel arches on the inside of the load area.

What you taking with you? 

I plan to have some buckle straps. Lots of flattened cardboard boxes, old towels/pillows.

I made an engine ‘trolley’ out of an old wooden pallet sawn in half and screwed some castors on the base. 

20555FC4-FE0D-4C57-9D2E-0E8ECD7AB557.jpeg

tc3nitro

I’m taking a XLW sprinter to collect mine since Sixt managed to mess up my booking of a Luton with a tail lift.

I already have a engine crane at home so I’m ok for unloading and moving the engine.

As for packing materials - I’ve got about 12 ratchet straps, about 100 bungees, loads of old dust sheets, some foam pads and ropes.

image.jpg

tc3nitro

Today is the last weekend before I collect my kit on Friday afternoon! To say I’m excited doesn’t really cover it.

I am pretty sure I have everything I need now. I ordered my Carbon bits from Carbon-NV this week. The only thing left for me to source is my AIM MXS dash unit.

So I thought I would take the time to do some final tidying, erect some more storage/bench area and fit my new led lights.

Here is a picture of it ready for my chassis:

3039037F-F091-4509-859A-514F2EDBD12D.jpeg

• Like 2