tc3nitro

SE FW ZETEC - New member/New build

tc3nitro

Good afternoon 

I maybe a little bit premature but if I am honest I’m so so excited to get started on what has been a journey of around 14 years.

So I visited the factory yesterday and placed an order on a new FW SE Zetec with LSD, Throttle bodies, track day dampers, brake upgrade, MSA rollbar, 8” rears, 205 tyres,sport turbo seats and I’ve also gone for the LED rear light upgrade. I have also omitted the following parts from the kit as I’d like to source alternatives elsewhere - front wings as I’d like to source proper carbon items, dashboard inc clocks and switches as I’d like a proper carbon dash with a AIM MXS dash and freewheel buttons to maintain a clean dashboard, seatbelts as I’d like to choose the colour width and type at a later date.

I think I have sourced most of the tools and kit I require for the build now and I am just preparing my workspace to accept the kit in 8 weeks time.

Planning a visit to Stoneleigh next weekend to help make some decisions on a few bits of like and also to try and decide on a body colour. I really like electric blue at the moment but my original thought was orange.

If anyone is interested I’m located in Wetherby so if anyone is local the kettle is always on and the beer is always cold !

Any advice is greatfully received and I’ve covered a few things in previous posts but feel free to offer up any tips or advice.

Mark

• Like 1

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary

Welcome Mark!

Never too early, we even like garage prep/upgrade stories before the car ever gets there. (Sad, but hey, what you going to do!)

Theres a few members up your way, generally, and @Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO Often seems to lead group runs out in that general area, so don't be afraid to shout out. And don't worry that your not on the road; as long as you let everyone know, it's often no problem to find passenger seats spare on runs. That way you can get a Westfield fix as you build, great for motivation.

Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO

Hi Mark.

We are over at York tomorrow if you wanted to join us in your tiptop.

Come and say hello and you will be made most welcome.

Here is a link to what we are doing.

• Thanks 1

tc3nitro
1 minute ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

Hi Mark.

We are over at York tomorrow if you wanted to join us in your tiptop.

Come and say hello.

I will post you a link in a moment as to what we are up to.

Thanks for the offer Geoff but I have many projects around the house to get finished before my build comes in 8 weeks. 

I’ve made a commitment to the Mrs to finish everything before I start.

Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO

No worries.

We are often pottering about and you will be welcome as a passenger .

tc3nitro
2 minutes ago, Geoffrey (Buttercup) - North Yorkshire AO said:

No worries.

We are often pottering about and you will be welcome as a passenger .

That would be lovely !

I have liked your Facebook page and will keep checks my on here for rides out !

Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO

Hello and welcome to the club. If you're in Wetherby our meeting at the Fox and Grapes on York Road is near to you, you'll be most welcome. The next one is this Tuesday, 3rd of may. 

And go for Orange.

20180217_143539.jpg

tc3nitro
3 minutes ago, Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO said:

Hello and welcome to the club. If you're in Wetherby our meeting at the Fox and Grapes on York Road is near to you, you'll be most welcome. The next one is this Tuesday, 3rd of may. 

And go for Orange.

20180217_143539.jpg

I’ll be there this Tuesday !

thanks is for the heads up.

I have called over a few times in summer a couple of years ago for a noisey.

Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO
42 minutes ago, tc3nitro said:

As I always say a happy wife is a happy life! Works for me judging by the amount of carbon she’s bought me :d

Welcome to the club. I have the Aim MXS dash and a Zetec so shout up nearer the time for info. 

• Haha 1

tc3nitro
10 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

As I always say a happy wife is a happy life! Works for me judging by the amount of carbon she’s bought me :d

Welcome to the club. I have the Aim MXS dash and a Zetec so shout up nearer the time for info. 

I have bookmarked the thread and noted that you are running one so I will be in touch thankyou.

Robin (Red Spider) - Yorkshire AO
37 minutes ago, Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO said:

As I always say a happy wife is a happy life!

I keep being told this. 

• Haha 1

AdgeC
2 hours ago, tc3nitro said:

Blimey, you're a brave man! Put a red line at the bottom of the list to make sure no additional "little" jobs are added :nope:

Great to see you starting a build thread, there's a lot of help and experience to tap into on here.

• Like 1

tc3nitro

One question you gents might be able to answer for me ? 

Will I need imperial as well as metric sockets/spanner’s ?

Chris King - Webmaster and Joint North East AO

There’s a few 7/16” UNF thread items used on the suspension and chassis but I used a metric socket/spanner for them instead of buying something specific. Think it’s 16mm.

I did buy a 7/16 tap though as it helps to clean out the powder coated threads as it’s common for small particles of blast material (as well as the coating) to find their way into the threaded areas on both chassis and wishbones.

Other than that I can’t personally recall anything else.

• Like 1

AdgeC

Ditto. As Chris says 7/16" UNF tap very useful. I'm of a generation who had a set of imperial spanners, sockets etc. :d Didn't need to use many on my build though.