Edd China Lives....!

CraigHew

Edd's new programmes, Edd Chana's Garage Revivals, is going to be released on his Youtube channel starting 1st May.

From Youtube: "Your favorite mechanic, Edd China from Wheeler Dealers, is back with what we hope will be a new program series. In Edd China’s Garage Revival, Edd will work with car owners, whose restoration projects have got the better of them, to get their plans back on track. In the pilot episode, Edd travels to Norway to get a Golf MK1 GTI back where it belongs - on the road. "

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here's the Youtube link to the pilot episode.

I can't help feeling that Edd got screwed over and is struggling a bit on the old long term career front.

He doesn't say much about what happened with wheeler dealers, but it's pretty obvious they did screw him about a lot more than he's been letting on, I think they got rid because he's too realistic and down to earth, not enough of a showman for modern consumer demand and wouldn't be pushed into botching everything.

I'm not sure what his Youtube channel is going to do for him, since the ad-pocalypse it's very hard to make any money doing Youtube videos and seems to only takes one complaint to get your videos demonetised and your content removed from suggested videos and search results.

Is he still building road going sofas, boats and sheds at Comfy Banana?

Very good, watched it over lunch.

Seeing it “self-published” on YouTube though, can’t help but think of a comment Mark Evans said years ago when asked why no more ...Is Born series; the TV channels just weren’t interested in commissioning them.

I wonder if there’s any mileage in Edd going down a similar route to project Binky, with, effectively crowd sourced sponsors for each episode? I’m already signed up to Binky, long as the money was right, I wouldn’t have an issue signing up for this, if that’s representative of the quality.

Ace, I'll give this a whirl later on when I get home.

I've always liked Edd and have watched literally all the WD episodes (I still enjoy the new ones as I think Ant is decent too despite the complaints). Agree though, it may be hard to get things moving if he's just confined to YouTube. Maybe he'll get picked up by one of the big media publishers (similar to Chris Harris on Cars on the old /DRIVE channel).

Funnily enough the "A Race Car Is Born" series was re-run again a few weeks back and I watched it all again (it was partly why I decided to take the plunge into seeking out my new purchase). :) 

Big fail on the rear brake pipes as it should have a flexi going to the caliper and a bracket welded to the axle.