Donnington May 11th

Mole

Another superb MSV day! Only 35 cars booked on, absolutely no queuing to get out. Only one red flag stoppage as far as I noticed. (Couple of black and white flags though.. :oops: )

I'm pretty much shattered now, but got loads of empty track time. Some good fun following Team Mole.. should get a vid up over the weekend.

I had one minor breakage. A wingstay snapped.. at about five minutes to lunchtime. Perfect timing! luckily a chap in the garage next door had a welder, so I was repaired by about ten past lunchtime! Spot on! :yes:

Just rolled in after a stop over in castle Donnington..local pub great beer, fab food and live music..what more could one want after a great day on track..meeting Andrew and his fast pinto car.. good to see Russ and have some laps with him.. Donnington just a great circuit, still not mastered it but just so much fun..back again in July I think..

Now to look at solving some high speed under steer..

Andrew I hope the trip home was ok..

6 hours ago, Mole said:

Just rolled in after a stop over in castle Donnington..local pub great beer, fab food and live music..what more could one want after a great day on track..meeting Andrew and his fast pinto car.. good to see Russ and have some laps with him.. Donnington just a great circuit, still not mastered it but just so much fun..back again in July I think..

Now to look at solving some high speed under steer..

Andrew I hope the trip home was ok..

Yes, good to meet you chaps yesterday, hopefully we'll meet again. 

Was home by eight. Had a good run after getting through the snarl up at the M1 junction. It's going to be hell there this weekend with that bike meeting on..

Didn't take many pics, but here's one of the Mole-mobile. :t-up:

DSC_6015.thumb.JPG.8a8a9bf1336772426884b30fbbf013c9.JPG

Both of you look to be going well. I so wish I'd have booked on this Donnington looks like such a good track

1 hour ago, Ben (bunje) said:

Both of you look to be going well. I so wish I'd have booked on this Donnington looks like such a good track

Donington is not good, it's superb! The section from Redgate right through to Coppice has got to be the most "flowing" bit of track on any UK circuit. I think it takes a nice quiet day like we had to get plenty of clear runs though those bends to really appreciate it.

That was the first time I've done the GP circuit.. I've never fancied it, and having done it, my opinion hasn't changed. It's OK, but I don't think it adds anything to the national circuit apart from two hairpins! 

Thanks for the video Andrew, good stuff..first time I have seen my car on track close up..and to see the amount of body roll... Shame the sparks and flames not visible!

36 minutes ago, Mole said:

Thanks for the video Andrew, good stuff..first time I have seen my car on track close up..and to see the amount of body roll... Shame the sparks and flames not visible!

You weren't sparking on those vids, it was when Russ climbed aboard last thing. 

She does wallow a bit. ;) Perhaps find out what springs you have fitted and go from there?

Are you calling me fat?

The back was quite soft on the old bounce test, stick a few clicks on.

Haha..you beat me to it! Will dig my settings sheet out and let you know.. but need to firm up the rear end..!!'

1 minute ago, Mole said:

Haha..you beat me to it! Will dig my settings sheet out and let you know.. but need to firm up the rear end..!!'

It may not actually be the rear. Years ago I saw a pic of my car with a bit of a lean on.. It was upping the front spring poundage that eventually sorted it. (It was also scraping the front of the silencer on the ground)

Springs are relatively cheap to swap about.. but as I say, see what you have now and compare to other similar cars?

Said wallowy pic. :oops:

DSC_0992.thumb.JPG.8f63dab1508d4631c20902d92b821f1e.JPG

Thanks Andrew.. I have attached the procomp settings sheet.. I am interested to see what you think and how they compare with others..

IMG_20180512_220317002.jpg

My car's a live axle, so my  rear spring rates wont compare to yours, but the "leaning" photo above is using the factory supplied 300lb front springs. I also have a heavier engine than you.. I went from 300lb fronts to 400, and then back to 380lb. 

See what others suggest, but I would guess you need to be around 350lbs up front? The 200lbs rear springs don't sound too far off, 225lbs seems to ring a bell for an irs car.