Pembrey sprint weekend - 2/3 June 2018

John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

Doubt my engine will be rebuilt in time, anyone fancy lending me their car? I'm very sensible and reserved behind the wheel, positively granny like :)

entered

1 hour ago, tkm_dave said:

Doubt my engine will be rebuilt in time, anyone fancy lending me their car? I'm very sensible and reserved behind the wheel, positively granny like :)

You can come and spanner for me. :) 

15 hours ago, mark.anson said:

You can come and spanner for me. :) 

Thanks Mark, quite a long journey to spend a weekend being jealous of everyone else racing though! haha

18 hours ago, tkm_dave said:

You can take mine's.

Throw some of your slicks on it.

Win with a roadgoing car with slicks.

bring it back in one piece. XD

• Haha 1

The small flaw in your request Dave is that no one wants to be beaten in thier own car :) 

Haha, cheers Mark but I don't see that happening. Without my car I'm like Thor without his hammer, or some other similarly obscure comparison :)

Silverstone for me as its miles closer and a new track:yes:

I am going to be back out for some events soon (after a god awfal year personally last year stopping me doing anything) and have only been to Pembrey once but really liked it plus its a weekend makes it better value for money.

But I really fancy Silverstone just to say I have driven there if nothing else. lol

I wasn't sure though if this was one of the events that were a bit poor from a Value For Money sense. Wasn't there an event in the past that was only morning running any had limited runs, only 1 practice or something or have i just made that up :blush:

Looking forward to getting out again now :t-up:

Ian

Silverstone was always ok and good value. We do the Stowe circuit ( 2 laps ) 

Brands hatch used to all over in a morning.

2 hours ago, IanD said:

I am going to be back out for some events soon (after a god awfal year personally last year stopping me doing anything) and have only been to Pembrey once but really liked it plus its a weekend makes it better value for money.

But I really fancy Silverstone just to say I have driven there if nothing else. lol

I wasn't sure though if this was one of the events that were a bit poor from a Value For Money sense. Wasn't there an event in the past that was only morning running any had limited runs, only 1 practice or something or have i just made that up :blush:

Looking forward to getting out again now :t-up:

Ian

Ian 

we last went to Silverstone in 2010 and 11.

In 2010 we shared the track with a kart event. We did our practice runs then they did thier qualifying then we did our timed runs before thier race.

Bizarrly it worked quite well, so Silverstone is good and not as far to travel. 

but im still doing Pembrey as I'm also doing the British Sprint. 

Thanks Guys.

I think I must have been getting confused with Brands Hatch :blush:

will give it some thought as I do like the weekend events but Silverstone really appeals.

I will be at one of them!

At 294 miles each way towing to Pembrey I am going to Silverstone which was a great track to drive  (as is Pembrey)