Cadwell Park May 2nd

Andrew

There’s only so much Cadwell cafe coffee I can drink 

Stopped raining at about 1330 and full dry by 1500. 

• Like 2

Yep. The morning was pretty much dangerous levels of aquaplaning.. ( A GT86 lost it on the straight and clobbered the Armco) And as Russ says, stopped raining after lunch and for a while half the track was bone dry and some places still very wet. I can confirm those Hankook 180 wets are somewhat awesome on a proper wet track, but a bit lively when they overheat on a dry surface. :laugh:

Supposedly there were only 26 cars booked, but I think half of them stayed at home. There was plenty of space on the track at the end of the day. :sun:

• Like 1

Here's some vid from the last two sessions. 

Following Russ (yellow car) out on the very last session of the day which was red flagged at 4-55 to recover the blue car on the side of the circuit. I've seamlessly (or maybe not seamlessly!)  stitched it to part of the session before, which I was chasing after Mike. (blue car) until I had to stop due to oil temp getting a bit high. 

:sun:

• Like 3

Andrews session above from my pov.

Skip to 4:00 to see the difference between a good driver on race slicks and a crap driver on road legal trackday tyres...

...and I've got 40bhp more!!

• Like 1

Really pleased with it Ben, 89db @ 4500!

18 minutes ago, RussH said:

Really pleased with it Ben, 89db @ 4500!

thnk thats going to be my next purchase

1 hour ago, Ben (bunje) said:

@Andrew were you running dry slicks in this session. if so are they copper branded also

Presume you mean Cooper? Yes, slicks, Hankook 180s (C92 compound) same size as the wets. 

yeh lol cooper not copper ill be getting a set of these soon i was just wondering what you thought they were like. and even though they say there 180 are the actually 180 or 200 wide

3 minutes ago, Ben (bunje) said:

yeh lol cooper not copper ill be getting a set of these soon i was just wondering what you thought they were like. and even though they say there 180 are the actually 180 or 200 wide

Out of all the slicks I've used, the Hankook ones seem to be the best. I used to use various Michelin sizes a few years ago .. ex F Renault I think, and it was a bit hit and miss whether you got a good set. If you go for Hankook, the c92 compound is the one to go for. There are c72 ones about, they're OK but a bit harder imo. And yes, the 180s seem to be 200mm wide. I have the slicks on 8" rims, and the wets on 7". I originally used the slicks on 7" rims too, they were OK, but just feel a bit sharper on 8"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RussH said:

Andrews session above from my pov.

Skip to 4:00 to see the difference between a good driver on race slicks and a crap driver on road legal trackday tyres...

...and I've got 40bhp more!!

• You look to be going well there Russ, it can only be the tyres holding you back. ;) Time for that trailer? :t-up: